•16- Im Sorry•

Darian's Pov

I wake up, yawning. I look over and see Lillian's side of the bed empty. She was either in the bathroom, or kitchen.

I get up and out of bed, to clean myself up. I change boxers, not bothering to throw on a shirt. I rinse my mouth with mouthwash, wanting a late morning make-out session.

I left the bathroom, heading to the kitchen. I stop when I see Lillian on the floor, sleeping? I get down and hear her fast pacing heart, I feel her forehead, she was overheating. She mentioned a week ago how Ace said she would be in pain because of me marking her. I didn't believe it, but now, I do.

I pick Lillian up bridal style, placing her on the bed. I get a cold rag to put on her forehead. She shifts slowly, moaning in pain. I bite my lip, not knowing what to do. I wasn't her real mate, I couldn't heal her pain.

I sit on the edge of the bed, watching Lillian closely as she slept. My hand rested on her thigh. I was worried for her, she is my best friend with a serial killer for a mate. I'm risking my life being with her, but it's worth it, even if I die in the end. I've never had much to live for, so when she came into my life it had new meaning.

But if she dies... I'd be left with the guilt of her death for the rest of my life. If she was with Ace, at least I'd know if she was alive.

I get off the bed, to put on some jeans and a hoodie. I look back at Lillian and wrap her in a soft blanket she loved. I lifted her up, sighing. I'd regret this as well, but not as much.

I walked out the front door with her sleeping in my arms. I knew he was around here somewhere, I doubt he would leave his mate alone with another male. If not him, somebody he knew. He wasn't a lone wolf, from what Lillian told me. He just has the highest kill count out of them all.

I walk into the forest, listening closely for anybody. All I could hear was the wind and woodland animals. I walk another mile into the woods, slightly fearing for my life. I knew Ace would love to kill me.

"So, you going to give her over, or do I need to kill you?" I swing around and bump into a hard chest. I gulp, looking up to see the scary eyes of Ace.

I take a step back, "O-only if you don't hurt her!" I say, holding her close. He wouldn't kill her, but he would definitely cut her up. Sadistic freak.

He smirks, coming closer to me. My wolf whimpers in fear. "You're in absolutely no place to make a deal with me. It's either you give her to me and live, or you die, and I will get her myself," he growls, only a foot between us.

A shiver runs down my spine as I set her down on the forest floor, gently. "I'm sorry Lillian," I whispered as I took a step away from her. She looked so peaceful, only if she knew what I was doing. As of now, we weren't best friends. I was her enemy, she would hate me forever. I marked her and the  handed her right over to her crazy mate.

Ace picked up Lillian and threw her over his shoulder. I wince, wishing he would at least be a bit gentle. She is sick after all, but she should start healing soon. Still.

Ace doesn't say anything as he walks away with Lillian over his should. I sat on the forest floor, thinking about what I just did. I sent my best friend to an untimely doom, just to keep her alive. Alive to live the most miserable life ever.

I shut my eyes, controlling my breathing. Positive thoughts Darian, positive thoughts.... Lillian was going to live. Maybe she could change Ace and his ways. Yes, she could make him change. Or he could change her, for the worse.

I hold my head in my hands, freaking out. I couldn't figure out if what I did was good or bad. I probably would never know. Matter of a fact, that would probably be the last time I'd ever see Lillian.

A silent tear rolls down my cheek as I got off the ground. I guess it's time to go home. I wasn't going to tell anyone, not even Greta of what happened in the past couple weeks. It'd be better for it to be kept in the dark. If she would ask where I was, I'd just say sick. She has been worried since I've been extremely distant lately.

I walked back to the cabin and gathered my belongings, which was only a few sets of cloths. I turned off the power and headed the long trip back home. No doubt it'd be evening by the time I got home.

And during those long hours, all I had to think about was Lillian. My stomach felt knotted as I walked the walk of shame.

When I got home the first thing I noticed was that the interior was destroyed. I sniff the air, Ace. He had been here. I shake my head, throwing my stuff to the floor. Time to clean this shit up.

•••

Sorry it's a hundred words short, I just hate to switch Povs in the middle of a chapter!