•19- Continuation•

My eyes blinked open as I slowly woke up from my long sleep. I look around and remember what had happened recently. I groaned, trying to get up, but I felt restrained. I looked down and saw a pair of arms wrapped around me.

I frown, slowly unwrapping his arms from me, thankfully it's not a death grip. I push him, so he rolls over to his side of the bed. I'm one for personal space, especially around serial killers. I wouldn't mind being a thousand miles away for each one, that still might not be enough space. He shifts around and pulls all of the blanket on top of him.

I roll my eyes and get out of his bed to go get something to eat. I opened the fridge and saw nothing, same as yesterday. I bite my lip, deciding not to eat, since there was nothing edible to eat.

I walk back over and sit on the bed again. I turn on the television and flip through the channels, stopping on a news station. I wonder if people were still looking for me. Probably, I was Ace's mate after all. Sadly, even if I do escape, I'd still be in harms way. There's just no escaping it.

"Pack resident Lillian is still missing, if you have any information of her please contact your higher in commands. Together we can find her," says a young, blonde news reporter. I tilt my head, sighing.

How I wish things could go back to normal. I wish I could just be sitting at the lunch table with Greta and Darian. I wonder how the two of them are doing without me. I know they would worry, but one day that would stop and they would pretty much forget about me. Darian later than Greta for sure. That has always been like a secret worry of mine, being forgotten. My other one is growing old and dying, the things I cant control scare me the most.

I feel the bed move and I see Darian looking sitting up, staring at me. I look down, avoiding eye contact with him. "Stop being sad, I can feel your sadness," he says, plainly.

I frown, I cannot just stop being sad. He would be too if he had some form of emotion. Why did I get stuck with this son of a bitch?

"Okay, relax," he moves closer to me. I back away, falling off of the bed and onto the hard floor. I moan in pain, laying on the floor. I hear Ace get off the bed and come over to me, with his arms crossed. "Don't be an idiot," he says, turning around without bothering to help me up.

"Rude," I mumble, rubbing my head while getting up. He stops and turns around, I freeze, knowing he heard what I said. Shit, shit, shi-

"I can be way worse than that darling, just wait," his voice sounded dark and evil. The smirk on his face justified that. A shiver ran down my spine as I crawled back on to the bed, to curl up in a ball.

"Anyways, we are going food shopping. I can't trust you here alone, so you're going to," Ace says, putting on a jacket. I wonder, how do people not recognize him. Especially with those white eyes, it's obvious he is a criminal. And me, what if people recognize me? I'm silently hoping someone does, but if they do they'll report it to there Alpha and... ugh.

Ace comes over and grabs my arm roughly, jerking me off the bed and towards the door. We exit the apartment complex and enter a mustang, not the new one though. He shoved me in and child locked the doors, he knows I'd jump out the door, gladly.

"Okay," he says, hopping into the driver seat. "No talking or wandering off, if you do, you'll get punished. Nod," he commands. I quickly nod, keeping my mouth shut like a zipper, hopefully this one won't break. Maybe I can get some stuff I like, maybe. That'd be highlight of my life for the next lifetime.

The drive was silent, and quite short. We arrived to the store in less than ten minutes, I'm guessing. It was huge, and impressive.

Ace opens my door and pulls me out. I trip and fall against him, only to quickly pull away. He rolls his eyes, "Don't look suspicious," he growls. I nod, staying close to him. I didn't want to know what his punishments were. He's a sadistic person, and that would not go along well with torture. So, much, blood.

We walk inside and grab a cart. "What do you want?" he asks me. I point to the berry section and he nods, grabbing three boxes of each berry available. My eyes were wide, I've never gotten that many berries before. Nor did I think Ace had the money to afford it. I wonder how he even got money.

We walk around the store for a bit, I stayed at least two feet away from Ace at all times, but no more than four. It was not too busy, but there were people around. None spared me a glance, like I was never a missing child everybody is looking for.

I stare down at the floor and feel my head collide with a hard surface. I look up, unamused. In front of me stood a buff man, at least a foot taller than me. I look away, taking a shy step towards Ace. I hate to admit it, but if shit happens he could protect me. But I did want to die, so what's the point of that... stupid mate bond.

The man glares at me with his glorious emerald eyes, "It's rude to walk onto people, apologize," he says, standing in place. I bite the inside of my cheek, not knowing what to do.

Ace smiles at me, silently telling me to go on and talk. It's either get punished, or get beat up and later punished. I wonder if he paid this guy to bump into me, I wouldn't put it below him.

"I-I'm sorry," I say quietly, hoping he heard me. He nods, turning away to continue his shopping.

I cross my arms, pouting as Ace chuckled, knowing he got his way today. Punishment it is.

•••

Hello my lovely (and possibly sadistic/masochistic) readers. Thank you for 30k reads and like 1.5k likes. This story is definitely going to surpass my New Alpha In Town story. WHOOOO I get so many reads a day, like damn.
Oh, and the next chapter is called unpredictable punishments ;)

Sorry I don't update as much as I'd like to. I try to write here and there, but sometimes my motivation is ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️.

Anyways, I wanted to give my real life friend a shoutout minimonster0 She's a really good writer with long chapters!