•44- The Breaking Truth•

My head lied on Ace's chest as he peacefully slept, not even snoring. After yesterday's little chat, I couldn't figure out who that person was. Ace is pretty good at keeping secret, but I'm also good at finding them out.

I let out a frustrated huff. If Ace got a third of the money from his parents, then I'd would assume Olivia got another third. Then.. could Ace have another sibling? I wouldn't be too surprised, the math adds up, but he seems to resent this sibling even more than Olivia. Must be pretty bad.

"Go to bed Lillian," Ace grumbles, half asleep. I guess he could feel that my wolf was all riled up from overthinking the situation. He pats my head and goes soundly back to sleep.

I smile and close my eyes, falling into a sleep with the oddest of dreams.

~•~

The next morning I wake up, still on top of a sleeping Ace. I roll my eyes and poke his cheek. Before my finger touches his face, his hand snaps up and grabs my arm. "Nuh uh uh," he sings, opening one eye, "no touch."

I raise an eyebrow, "But I thought you wanted me all over you," I say, half asleep. My voice was softer than it would normally be awake.

Ace smirks, "I mean you can poke a lot lower..." he trails off teasingly. I snatch my arm away from him, not wanting anymore of that. He lets out a little laugh at my reaction, "So innocent," he comments, getting up.

I get off Ace, but he pulls me back into his chest. I don't say anything, nor does he. Last night was probably some of the best sleep I've had since I've been born. Now that's a long while.

After another fifteen minutes I slowly roll off of Ace, not wanting to hurt any broken bones that were still in the process of healing. "I need to go food shopping today," Ace speaks up, hopping off the bed. I notice he wasn't wearing anything, but boxers of course. At least those were there. "Don't break your promise Lillian," he says, putting on some ripped jeans and a hoodie, also making sure to grab his wallet.

I nod, I did promise after all. Plus, it's not like I could go far. "Here," Ace says, tossing me a flip phone from out of nowhere, "if someone knocks on the door or even if you have a bad feeling that something is going to happen, call me. Being my mate isn't too safe, I'm pretty sure you remember-" he laughs, "never mind."

Ace leaves, making sure to lock the door, but from the inside only. He's giving the opportunity to leave, as if testing me. I won't do it, I simply can't. Even if I could, I promised and all we would be doing is going in circles. I hide from him, he finds me and takes me back, I runaway, just an endless circle.

The room fell silent and I decide to turn on some Judge Judy, just because that's what bored people watch. If I'm having fun, I'm sure as not going to watch this show. Sometimes I think Judge Judy is a bitch, but she is a running a show and is a judge after all.

The screen on the tv suddenly changes to black. I frown, letting out a sigh. I guess a plug got loose or something. As soon as I turned away to do something, a voice scared the living shit out of me.

"Hello," said a male voice, it sounded like he was in his mid-twenties. I turn to look at the tv and see a face that looked familiar, but I couldn't just pin point it. "This is not a public broadcast, in fact, Lillian my dear, you're the only one watching," he says, smiling.

My eyes go wide as I realize something is wrong, very wrong. I get out the flip phone and try to dial Ace, but it didn't work, it wouldn't turn on. Don't tell me that idiot forgot to charge it! Or they could be jamming the transmissions... Id like to think he's an idiot sometimes.