•45- Can't Hide•

Ace rushes in through the front door within five minutes of me hanging up the call. No doubt he was going three times the speed limit, crazy bastard. But that didn't matter right now, my bones were shaking so much I can hardly stand.

Ace encased me in a tight hug, "We aren't safe," he said immediately. I pull away from him, a bit confused. There was no waiting period? No time? "We need to go, right now," he says, pulling me towards the door.

I pull back, trying to stop him, "What about all of our stuff?" I ask him, worry in my voice. I've never seen Ace panic like this, usually e was super calm and cocky, or aggressive, but right now, I'm seeing a side of him Im not understanding.

Ace shakes his head, marching down the hallway, "That bastard is onto me," he says, suddenly stopping in the middle of the hallway. He turns to face me, kissing his tight grip, "If you ever get caught by him, just know he won't hurt you. He's only out to kill me, he doesn't hurt girls," he whispers in my ear before walking again.

My eyes went wide, then why would he take me? Maybe to find Ace, but at this point, we should be together all the time. If Ace is really in danger, than so am I. I don't know what that Alpha thinks that he can kill Ace and somehow keep me alive. The only way that could happen is with that veil that I was offered before loosing my memory temporarily, but I thought that was destroyed... or maybe I dreamt  that. I hope not.

We hop in Ace's Mustang and he drives off at high speeds, giving me a mini heart attack from the shock. "Ace, slow down," my voice quivers as I touch his arm. Immediately Ace calms down and lets out a long breath, slowing down a lot. "Thanks."

I turn to look out the window, curious of the new scenery we were going by. The trees stood tall, and so did a few signs. We passed no cars until, at least, an hour later. A small Jeep sped past us in the opposite lane.

"So, where are we hiding?" I ask Ace, getting bored of the silence. My head rests against the window as I listen to him reply.

"A house," he plainly tells me, not giving me any satisfaction.

I groan, "That's not very descriptive." My fingers tap against the dashboard impatiently as I waited for Ace to answer, but he didn't. I turn to him and see him tapping his ear. At first I was confused, till I got the memo, there were bugs in the car.

I nod, letting out a faint sigh, falling asleep for the long drive ahead.

~•~

My body lifts up by itself- or so I thought. My eyelids flutter open in confusion, till I see Ace's face only inches from mine. "You snore," he says, carrying me out of the car.

I cover my mouth with hands, extremely embarrassed. Did I really snore? Nobody has ever told me that before! Ace is probably bluffing and being a jerk.

"The only reason I was awake was because your snoring was so loud I couldn't fall asleep," Ace smirked, getting out some keys and unlocking a door. I look up and see a small, one story house. It was cute and simple, kind of like Darian's cabin. Oh all the shit that happened there I'll never forget, but also never speak of again.

Ace sets me down at on the couch, going back to lock the front door. "Welcome to our new home," Ace says dully, before going off into the connected kitchen.

I get up and follow him, wanting some questions answered right away. "So," I begin, ready to fire, "how long are we going to stay here?" I start out simple.

It was a few seconds before Ace answered, "Till I kill him," he says in a happier tone.

A shiver runs down my spine and I nod, even though he couldn't see me. "Why does he want to kill you?" I ask, getting into some dangerous territory.

Ace pauses, debating what to say to me, "No, you don't need to know that," he says seriously, not bothering to even turn back to look at me.

"Oh.." I trail off, leaving the kitchen. Ace still didn't trust me, I get why, but I need to know. I hate being clueless, it's like having no control of the situation at all.

I lay down on the couch, pulling a blanket over me that I took off. I stared aimlessly at the wall, feeling conflicted with myself. Should, or should I not know? I don't have any thing to do with the situation, but, on the contrary, I am Ace's mate and I could possibly help if would just let me. I let him help me plenty of times because I know I am weak and have a lot weaknesses. As for Ace, he's super strong and the only weakness he has is me being his shitty little mate.

What could I do to help Ace? I have no idea, all I can do, physically, is heal his injuries. That's about it, unless he would accept some mental support. I can't imagine bottling everything up for years, but he's used to it. I bet he's never actually vented before- oh wait, his killing would be venting.

Oh Ace, the serial killer that has murdered thousands, and I speak to him as if it's no problem. The mate bond is changing me, and I don't know if I like it. I'm loosing my fear of Ace, he won't kill me, but he can kill just about anybody else at the snap of a finger. Sometimes I forget that he killed a family member of mine, I locked that deep in my mind in the darkest corner.

I want us to work out, but I want to be of use, not just a side object that makes him more power. I also want to be the old me, with morals of being around a crazy serial killer.

Ace leaves the kitchen and walks over to me, sitting at the end of the couch where my feet are. He pats my feet and turns on the tv, watching some dumb old show. I let out a huff and get up to go find the bedroom.

I just want some alone time to think.

•••

I don't know how much longer I'm going to drag this story. I only have one more point in mind, which is about five or six chapters. Maybe I'll come up with another one 🤷‍♀️

If you didn't know, I now have an instagram for Wattpad account- the user is isafluffyfox
I post quotes, Q&A's and other crap... haha. Maybe, if anybody sends me one, book covers.

Now time to finish my sexy Andrew Jackson painting