•39- Hi Again•

That night I couldn't fall asleep, due to the fact I couldn't get Ace out of my mind. He had to had been there to overhear our conversation, or at least he sent somebody, but he's not one to do that. I never smelt him though, so that's odd.

The sun started to rise and I watched it from the river side. The river was back to its normal size, but the edge of it was extremely muddy. Taking a bath would be hard for a couple days as I avoid the mud.

I shift back and change into some cloths I bought right before seeing Ace. After all, I can't wear the same thing every day. That's just bad hygiene.

My mind wandered as I walk to work. I couldn't get Ace out of my head, sometimes he shows me love and other times not so much. I wonder if he can even love, I remember him telling me something about it. And guys say girls are complicated.

I start my shift and the first person that walks through the door is someone I really didn't want to see, Olivia, Ace's sister. She doesn't notice me and sits down in a random booth. I inhale and walk over to her, taking out my notepad to take her order. If I asked anybody else to do it, they would tell me to suck it up. Nobody here knows I'm Lillian after all.

"H-hello, may I take your order?" I say shyly, trying to cover my face with the notepad.

Olivia doesn't spare me a glance as she orders her breakfast, "Original home dish along with some Coke please," she tells me, putting down the menu. I nod, running off to the kitchen before she could look at me.

I don't think she would raise hell if she saw me, but she would definitely try and talk to me. Last time I saw her I found out she was a spy, trying to take me away from Ace again. I could predict Ace's movements, but not that facilities's.

I fill up a glass with Coke and take it out to Olivia, taking another deep breath. I need to calm down if I'm going make it through this. "Here," I say, setting down her drink. She doesn't look at me and take a drink. I walk away again, waiting for her meal to be done.

After five minute her meal was done and I had to take it out to her. I place it down in front of her, shaking as I did so. "And here's your dish," I say quietly, my voice just as a shaky as me.

I was about to walk away when her voice stopped me, "Nope, sit down," she says in commanding tone. I groan, turning around and sitting across of her. There were no other customers to serve, and I was actually kind of scared of her too.

She takes a bite and looks up at me, like she was examining me, "You don't look healthy," she tells me without even a hello.

I frown, "And you expect anything else?" I snap back. I don't why people get this image that once you leave some place that you're a free bird, most of the time that is not the case.

She gives me a sympathetic look, "I didn't mean to be rude, but your hair is full of mud, I can see your cheek bone, and you have bags under your eyes," she takes a tug at her bottom lip, "you need Ace-"

I cut her off, "Oh yeah, I saw him yesterday. Apparently he's stalking me now," I huff, placing my elbow on the table. I was getting tired of everything happening  in my life, it just all seemed to repeat. Me and Ace get angry at each other, then we always end up back together somehow and the government fits in there somewhere.

Olivia smiles, "You should give him a chance, you're not the only suffering. I've been watching him from a distance, and his killing spree has gotten really messy. I'm trying to cover it up, but soon people will realize something is wrong," she lets out a sigh, going back to a blank face.

I clench my teeth together, "No! I don't want him. Do you want to know why? He's fucking abusive. He does not show love. He fucking murders people!" I shout, slamming my hands on the table. My boss peaks out of her office and glares at me, like a warning. I sit back down carefully. After debating for so long with myself, I decided that I should be without Ace. Now, that doesn't mean forever, just till he realizes some things do need to change.

Olivia rubs her temples, "I'll talk to him, maybe convince him to kidnap you again. The government will stop changing their tails soon and come for you again, I'm what's keeping them from doing it," she tells me, getting up from her seat and leaving. Leaving a fifty dollar bill behind, five times as much as her meal.

I clean the table, talking to myself. I was rude to Olivia, but I don't think she understands the situation I'm in. Ace may be her brother, but she doesn't have a mate bond with him.

I know I have feelings for Ace, it's undeniable. I just don't want to make a mistake. He needs to realize that things would have to change for us to be mates, even I have to change a little bit. Be a little more understanding of him. All my life, all I saw was what the news portrayed Ace as, a heartless killer. While that is partially true, they never actually had contact with him.

This is the first time I really have had some time to think to myself. When I was with Ace, all I could think about was myself. Now that I'm away, I'm starting to actually think about him.

Whether that's good or bad, I know we will meet over and over again.
•••

Thank you to @SPICAYY_Writer for writing a review on my story. Much appreciated!

Rank was lowered by 4 places... meh. This book is not for the attention, it's for me to get my creativity out when art hurts my hand. The constant updating is making me a bit tired, but I'm not stopping till this book is done. I already have three ideas for the next book.