Chapter 2

As you walked down the hall a few tears fell from your eyes. Every time someone mentioned your mother you always seemed to break down. She had meant a lot to you so it was harder for you to cope than your dad.

That's why you acted strong and did your best. You didn't want to be seen weak and vulnerable. Even though you were....a bit.

All the sudden you bumped into someone and fell backwards and landed on your rear.

"Sorry," you said and stood back up.

"Tch. Damn trainees," the voice said.

You looked up to see Levi. Your eyes widened a bit but then you went back to your emotionless expression.

"I apologize sir," you said and stared him right in the eye.

You then began to walked past him but then he stopped you.

"What's your name," he asked coldly.

You turned and looked at him. "(Y/n) Smith." You then turned away and walked off.

'Stupid stupid stupid. The leader of the squad you want to get into a saw you cry. Idiot. He probably hates you now,' you cursed to yourself and then ran off to meet Petra for lunch.

Levi POV:
I bumped into the boss's kid and she intrigued me. I've heard she's been getting perfect scores. I then shook my head. Get a hold of yourself. You only came down here to talk to Erwin about the final tests.

I walked into the boss's room and looked over at him.

"Let's get on with," I say and close the door.

"I'm having you and Hanje help with the final tests. As you know the tests are about agility, smarts, aim, teamwork, and leadership," Erwin stated. "You're currently holding the highest scores so it seems that you should help and Hanje is crazy and loves it when people take risks."

"Tch. Fine. Who are currently in the highest rankings so far," Levi asked.

"In second it's Petral Ral. She's good with guns and knives but easily distracted. And then first is my daughter (y/n) Smith. She's flawless in all forms of fighting but mostly prefers hand to hand," Erwin stated.

"Flawless?" I said.

"Yes. She's been getting the highest rankings just like you did when you were training. She plans to beat the highest score and her dream is to be in your squad," Erwin said.

"I'll put that into consideration," I said plainly. "Has anything been going on with her lately? Like emotionally?"

"Why would you ask and why do you care," Erwin asked.

"I saw her in the hall with tears but when I saw her she immediately became emotionless," I stated.

Erwin sighed. "She's just gone through a lot throughout her life and is in a tight spot since I am her father."

I nodded. "Alright. I'll take my leave."
I then turned away and left the office and headed off.

Hm....Levi seems to be taking an interest in you