Chapter 18

You opened your eyes to a bright light. You felt pain throughout your body and you whimpered and began to stir. You then heard your name and looked up.

There stood Erwin, Hanje, and Levi. You began to sit up but then someone pushed you back down. You looked to your side and saw Levi.

"It would be best if you didn't move for a bit," he said.

Your eyes began to well up with tears and began to cry. "They're gone. I shouldn't have lost my anger take hold of me. I could've saved them."

"There was nothing you could do," Hanje said and walked over to your side. "It was there time to go. And we must honor that they died bravely."

"I'm so sorry, Hanje," you said.

Hanje nodded and then turned away and walked out of the room. Erwin soon followed.

"I should've been there with you," Levi said and stared at you. "I could've protected you better but now look at you. You're hurt."

"It could've been worse if it wasn't for Eld," you said and sighed.

"We'll all miss him. But I'm here for you. It'll all be okay," Levi said.

You sat up and hugged him tightly and began to sob. "I'm sorry," you said.

"You shouldn't be sorry. You tried your best," Levi said and kissed your head.

"I keep losing the ones I love. What if I lose you?" you said and stared up at him with teary eyes.

"You won't lose me. I promise," Levi said.

He then leaned down and kissed you softly on the lips. "I love you."

"I love you too," you said and then kissed him back.

/Time skip\
A few weeks had passed and you were finally let out of the infirmary. But you had to walk around on crutches. Great....

You woke up in your room and sighed. You brushed your hair back and sat up. You heard a knock at you door and you yawned.

"Who is it?" You asked.

"It's me," Hanje sang and you smiled.

"Come in," you said.

Hanje then bursted in and ran over and hugged you. "Guess what?!"

"What?" You asked and giggled.

"I heard Levi is going to take you on a date!" She squealed in excitement.

"He is," you said shocked.

"You two are perfect for each other! Practically soul mates. Wait, has he even asked you to be his girlfriend," Hanje questioned.

"No...," you said.

"Hmph," Hanje said and sighed. "Well he better do it to or else all those other boys will swoop in and take ya."

"Hilarious Hanje," you said and gave her a cheeky smile. "But he has said that he loves me."

"Well good. I'm off. See you later," Hanje said and raced off closing the door behind her.

You chuckled and then got up to get ready for the day. Maybe Levi will ask you out. You smiled at the thought of that.

Will Levi ask you on a date? Will your relationship be more than just Captain and Cadet. Find out tomorrow!? Keep on reading my friends :)