Chapter 4

It had been about a week and the final tests were tomorrow. You sighed in exhaustion even though you were just finally aloud to leave the infirmary. You still ached from the wound but you kept moving forward. You walked towards your room and knocked.

"Petra?" You called and then the door immediately open.

At first Petra looked disappointed but then smiled and hugged you tightly causing you to since a little.

"I was so worried about you! Who is suppose to graduate with me if your stuck in the infirmary," Petra stated and huffed.

You chuckled. "Sorry."

"Come on. Let's get dressed so that we can do some extra training before tomorrow," Petra said and pulled you inside.

You both got changed into workout/training outfits and headed out.
You soon arrived and then pressed a few buttons.

"Combat training," the robotic voice spoke.

"Hey! Who said you could choose first," Petra asked.

"We can add knives to it next round if you want," you suggested and then got into a stance.

Petra charged at you and tackled you but you fell to the ground and kicked her off easily. You then immediately stood back up. She threw a punch at you and you grabbed her fist and twisted and pulled it behind herself and pinned her to the ground.

"1....2....3. I win!" You said and smiled.
You then up and stretched your arms.

"I don't understand why you insist on being friends if all you do is beat me half the time. Plus we have the same goal. Shouldn't we be rivals," Petra said and huffed.

"I'd rather be friends then rivals," you said and smiled. "Plus, you're a really nice friend."

"Well I don't want to be friends anymore," she yelled and kicked you in the stomach where your wound had just healed.

You screamed in agony and fell to the ground clutching your side. Tears formed in your eyes.

"Consider our friendship over. You may seem tough but you're nothing but weak," she spat and then walked off.

You laid there for a little longer to let the emotional and physical pain ease away. You then sat up and sighed.

"Welp. We can go back to having no friends. I mean, she was always so negative and all she talked about was Levi Levi Levi," you said in frustatration and sighed in exasperation.

"What about me?" Levi asked from not the far away.

You shrieked in surprise and immediately stood up.

"Nothing," you said sheepishly and chuckled.

"Well I heard my name so I just assumed," Levi stated and walked over to you.

You sighed. "How much did you hear?"

"Everything," Levi said. "She seems like a real jerk what did you see on her?"

"She was sweet and nice but as training got more intense she hated that she was always second best and she kept getting distant and yelling at me but I thought it was just a faze because she really wants to get onto your squad, like me, but her reason is totally different than mine," you stated plainly.

"Alright. What's her reason and what's yours," Levi asked.

"Well, I want to join the best of the best and make my father proud," you said and smiled. "Petra wants to have a good title and an important job but she mostly want to join because she has a crush on you. It's rather sweet when she talks about you even though you two don't really know each other."

"Interesting. Anyway, you should head back to your room and rest since finals are tomorrow and we don't want you getting anymore hurt," Levi stated.

"Since when do you seem to care," you asked curiously.

He just stares at you and shrugged. "Your dad's my boss and you're a very good fighter. Don't want to lose you."

You shrugged as well. "True."

You then stared at each other and you smiled at him. "See you later Levi!"

"Captain Levi to you trainee," Levi shot back.

"Whatever Levi," you said teasingly and then walked off before he could say anything.