Epilogue

As time goes by.. You start to realize that maybe, just maybe.. You made a huge mistake that could change a lot of your life.
I wish I could go back in time, I said to myself. I wish I could go back in time and change that one thing that made this a little too hard to handle..
2 years goes a long way huh?
Just when did I want to let go so bad? Since when did I realize that I couldn't be with her any longer because it would only hurt her? That I could never be the same person I was in highschool..

I think I made a huge mistake.. I can't hold her back from all the things she's missing out on.. She's 22.. She's young and has just graduated and has to explore the world.. She can't sit here with her helpless husband who can't even stand up to get himself water.

A year after Soohyun and I got married I was in a car accident, I was rushed to a hospital and woke up days later.. Only to find out I was paralysed waist down. Soohyun didn't care and did everything she could, she took care of me, helped me around. The doctor said there was a 50 percent chance of me being able to walk again, but that I would need surgery.

I was willing to go into surgery, anything just to walk again and to not see her so worried and be a burden to her..

But she refused, she told the doctor she  would take care of me.. And took me home. But everyday.. I would see the look she gives me, she's happy.. But not as happy as she would be if she didn't have to take care of me. She never goes out, rarely visits friends and doesn't do much..

She just sits at home attending to me all day.

So I decided to let her go, I told her I was leaving to American and that I would come back walking straight.. And then I would come to get her, to make her happy and be the typical husband that gives her morning kisses before work and good evening kisses after work, the kind of husband to take her places and on cute dates and just be perfect..

She cried.. A lot..
And it broke my heart to see her that way.. But I left, I left like I always do in hopes that I would see her soon..
But for now..

I let her go..