without a word; nick

biting your lip timidly you paced around your bathroom for a total of 5 minutes thinking about how you could explain this to nick. how could you really? shaking your head you mumbled small 'no's while breathing unevenly. what if he leaves you? what if he decides it's too much for him? all your thoughts came to a halt when a soft knock was heard at the bathroom door.

"baby you okay?" nicks soft voice asked through the thick wooden door. closing your eyes and taking a deep breath you attempted to regather your composure.

"yeah yeah im fine" you rushed out immediately regretting trusting yourself to talk. what if he heard it in your voice? what if he questioned you further? how would you respond? would you just tell him?

"you've been in the bathroom for a while. is it that time of the month?" he hesitated with his words not sure if you'd be sensitive to the topic. laughing softly at his concern you shook your head again though he couldn't see.

"god no." in your head you wished it was. your period hasn't came on yet and it's already the beginning of a new month, how was that supposed to make you feel? suspicious to be exact. silence between the two of you worried both separately but equally.

"nick are you still there?" your words trailed off hoping he wasn't. pressing his ear further to the door nick hummed in response. letting out a loud sigh you placed the pregnancy test on the counter.

"we need to talk when i come out.." nick furrowed his eyebrows before trying to wiggle the door knob in attempt to come inside.

"talk about what?" he asked still trying to get in. your heart began to race hoping your door wouldn't let him in any time soon. that would be tragic. not answering, you picked up all five of the rest you bought from the drug store placing them in a random plastic bag you bought them in. you stood there waiting for the knob to stop moving and the noises to be silenced before unlocking the door to be faced with a confused nick.

"what did we need to talk about" he asked his height making you more ashamed to tell him. with out words you held onto the bag tightly while leading him in you guys' shared living room. once he got settled into one couch you choose to sit in the couch opposite from him just in case you didn't like his reaction.

"nick. before i start i just want to say i genuinely love you- with all of my heart. i never thought i would be saying this, this early in our relationship and im not sure if i can mentally process this right-" nicks position on the couch changed, his voice becoming deeper then before.

"are you breaking up with me?" he asked. his voice sounded shaky as for his eyes draped, hooded almost. shaking your head excessively you frowned.

"of course not, im just not sure if you would-" he sat up again in his chair. "get to the point already, you're scaring me" sighing you let out air that you didn't even realize that was there before biting your lip softly.

"nick im pregnant." you watched his face carefully trying to make sense of his emotions but couldn't accurately tell if he was angry or happy. his face went pale leaving him with an emotionless appearance. he opened his mouth to say something but absolutely nothing came out. it's like he was choking on his own words, caught between his own thoughts.

"how- how do you- when- are you sure?" all the questions nick wanted to know couldn't bring himself to say it out loud. looking at the ground you shrugged.

"i took five pregnancy test earlier and the all read positive, i missed my period this month, i just found out today and im scared nick. im scared." a tear ran down your cheek as you waited for a response. nothing. absolutely nothing was said making you look up at nick in hopes of a reply.

"nick please say something" you whispered. your heart dropped completely once he stood up with a look of shock walking silently to the front door.

"nick where are you going?!" you yelled as he closed the door cutting your pleas for him to answer. pain didn't even begin to describe what you felt. it hurt, so bad to see him walk out on you with out a word.

a/n
part two?!?!

ill 110% be willing to write another part to this