LIME GREEN; nick m

"nick, baby" you call closing the door behind you. your voice echoed through the seemingly empty house causing you to sigh. the sound of silence, a sound you knew too well. you are genuinely proud of everything nick has accomplished but coming home to an empty house on your birthday wasn't how you thought you would be spending the night.

a lime green sticky note was spotted on the wall face front to your eye sight. moving in the direction, you came to notice slightly off handwriting that belong to the one and only nick mara.

[search far and wide by any measure; it's time to began your quest for treasure! -nm]

furrowing your eyebrows you snatch the piece of lime green paper off of the wall turning to place you bag down on the counter. you couldn't exactly wrap your head around the message the sticky note was giving off especially sense another one laid right next to where you place your purse every day.

[CLUE ONE: keeping food cold is important you see, this is where the milk may be -nm]

why would you need milk? more importantly why would it be in the freezer? you bit your lip cautiously before traveling over to the refrigerator slowly.  letting your fingers graze the handle bar you opened the door slightly where 1% milk was placed along with another sticky note.

[CLUE TWO: you like this area nice and clean, search for where we lounge and watch tv. -nm ]

you would blame your actions on curiosity but the smile that spread across your face never left to prove other wise. a scavenger hunt. thats what this was, nick didn't forget your birthday after all and that gave you all the more reasons to be elated. walking into the living room you let your eyes roam the interior trying to spot the o so familiar paper. you gasped excitedly when spotting it on the coffee table only to soon calm yourself when you noticed how excited you got.

[CLUE THREE: we wear them on our feet all day through, inside one of these you'll find a clue. -nm]

how general could he get? nick placed his shoes where ever is convenient for the moment and not only that, how were you supposed to know whether it was your shoes your looking for or his? you trudged into the bedroom the two of you essentially share, glancing at nicks shoes. they laid perfectly lined up which was never the case. after a second you reverted your eyes to your set of shoes only to find nothing.

"what the hell" you mumbled to yourself thinking over the clue. you turned around to think but stopped yourself due to your sudden thought.

"the nightstand"  you sighed to yourself walking into your side of the bed spotting your black and white adidas. looking inside the shoe you smiled when finding the clue. picking it up, you let your eyes settle before reading this one out loud to yourself.

[CLUE FOUR: you look bomb in the color red, look for clue four where you lay your head -nm]

"aw" you sigh reading over the first part again. your hands soon began to search the queen sized bed in a hurry. these clues are making you curious as to what the treasure is. lifting the pillows you nod to yourself, are you a professional detective or what?

[CLUE FIVE: making this i couldn't decide, flip this clue to the backside -nm]

you shrugged flipping it over. it was an arrow, a small one to be exact. this arrow pointed in the direction of the guest room that the two of you owned, directly across from your bedroom. the light was off as for the door looked tightly closed. you drug your feet over to the frame twisting the knob slowly. you flicked on the light once the door was wide open only to be faced with nick himself. he attempted to hold a straight face when hearing you scream for a second. he held a lime green sticky note up to you signaling he wasn't saying anything.

[CLUE SIX: after making all these clues, i think i realized i want to marry you. -nm ]

you gasped looking at nick with wide eyes not sure if you wanted to take this seriously or not. by the time you looked back at him he was on his knee looking up at you through his lashes.

"you are beautiful y/n. absolutely stunning. i can't imagine my life without you-  you may think we're too young but at this point in my life im ready to take on this responsibility. im tired of just calling you my girlfriend because your way more then that. you're my bestfriend, my number one supporter, my sunshine and so many other things that i don't care to mention. today is your day, the day that your mother and father decided that bringing  this beautiful creature into this cold harsh world was a great idea and i'm glad they did. i love you y/n and as long as i'm living i promise i will never stop. please do me the honor to ask for your hand in the first step to marriage"

a/n

i have finals next week sooo that's partly why i haven't been posting everyday like i used too.

im going to try to prewrite imagines bc i don't want y'all to be left handing for a whole week

andddd,

i had a very vivid dream about zion & i wish i hadn't. he is really trying to pull me into his lane!1!1!1!1!1

should i make it into a imagine?!?