family cookout

important a/n at the end.

"chase! what the hell are you doing?!" zion yelled watching as his 10 year old son as he held kalin's glasses in his hands, ready to break them in half.

"it's a magic trick, pa" he said looking up at zion as his figure towered over the two kids.

"magic trick my ass. brandon would kill you if he saw what you were about to do and you know what? i would let him." snatching the younger boys glasses from his sons hands, zion handed them back to the boy with the fair skin paired with dark brown eyes.

"stop giving him your glasses kid" he mumbled more subtly knowing that if he were to raise his voice kalin would probably cry. brandon and his wife raised their son more from a more emotional side whereas zion and his encouraged their boys to be tough yet gentle when needed.

"hey pa, uncle nick said that the burgers are burning" kayden said walking over to his father. zion sighed loudly walking in the direction of the grill where a cheesing nick stood.

"where were you?" he asked though he knew exactly where he went. nick truffled down a laugh causing him to bring his hand to his face to hide his smile.

"all these kids are stressing me out. one minute my kids are breaking things the next minute brandon's son is crying, then austin's son and edwin's daughter are getting too touchy with each other-" zion huffed. nick grabbed the spatula removing the grilled meat from the grill and onto the plate.

"i mean, they are teenagers" nick shrugged. zion scoffed while re situating his jacket. it was a minimum of 75 degrees outside yet he still found a reason to where a jacket. it was something he never got over.

"ed would kill amoura and you know that" brandon walked over to the two pulling up his black and white checkered pants. a bright smile made its way onto his face as he spotted his two former band mates.

"z thank you for pulling this all together. the kids are really enjoying themselves" brandon bit his lip out of habit waiting for zions response.

"no problem b, it was needed" brandon nodded slowly as a wave of silence passed through the three of them.

"am i the only one whose been seeing amoura and dale? ed is gonna kill poor amour" brandon mumbled loud enough for the two of them to hear. zion three his hands up in defeat looking in nicks direction.

"i knew i wasn't the only one who thought that!" the three laughed at the comment before Austin approached them all with a wide grin.

"i think dale is starting to like me again" he said while trying to catch up on his breath. austin had two kids, dale and hayes. dale was 16 turning 17 while hayes was only 13. having two toddlers frightened the poor lad which drove him to leave the two of them with there mother when hayes was just born. hayes grew up not knowing he had a father whereas dale had fussy memory about a dad. when austin reappeared in their life dale was more hurt then not. it was like he was missing out on something he knew felt so good; fatherhood. hayes adjusted fine when austin was re welcomed into the house, he watched sports with him, ate out with him, even let him pick him up and drop him off to school. dale on the other hand would rather walk four blocks in the pouring rain before he would ever ask austin to pick him up and he has done it.

"congrats dude" nick said brushing his head across his shoulder with a smile. nick had twins, one girl one boy, leo and leah. the saying "real men make twins" is always thrown around when they are seen in public which gave nick the ultimate feeling of love. leah and leo were ten but so was kalin and chase, zion and brandons sons.

"im just so happy he is beginning to forgive me" he said looking in zions diffraction where a stiff smile laid on his face.

"well good for you. me and my wife are probably getting a divorce sooner or later" a sharp pang hit his heart as he spoke those words he never wanted to come out of his mouth.

"wait seriously? dude im so sorry" brandon patted zions shoulder causing the bronze male to shrug it off politely.

"amoura!" a yell was heard from inside of zion's house making all the boys turn to face each other before rushing in that direction excluding nick.

"so y'all just going to leave the meat on the grill?!" he yelled as they began going farther and farther away. nick sucked his teeth and sighed before chase and kalin walked over to him.

"chase broke my glasses" he pouted. nick looked over at zion's son before running his hands through his hair with a sigh.

a/n

hello.

lately a lot has been going on & as you know i never make separate authors notes bc i hate them. you are reading this book for imagines not to hear me whining every two chapters but with that said,

im here to let you know that i am taking a break.

updating has been hard for me since school has started but i still managed to try and put out content. i am a human and i do have a separate life from wattpad and a lot has been going on lately. im not going in depth bc i know you guys don't care but,

i know this isn't going to be the best news considering he book is ending soon but while im gone i am going to be writing imagines still. which means i still might be updating my other books

and when i say "gone" i do not have a set amount of time. my break could be for one week or two days or three months or even just a few hours. i just need to clear my mind

im genuinely sorry to disappoint you.