three

Harry and I decided to go to the park and kick around the soccer ball for a bit. I was trying to teach him another new trick and he was surprisingly catching on quickly.

"How did you learn all these tricks?" Harry asks.

"My dad." I say, kicking the ball back to him.

"Does he still teach you new stuff?" He asks.

"No." I say, rather quiet.

"Why not?" He questions.

"I haven't seen my dad in a long time." I shrug, trapping the ball under my foot as it's kicked to me.

"Why?"

I chuckle, "you ask a lot of questions."

"I'm sorry," he frowns. "I'm just curious."

"My dad left when I was twelve. I haven't seen him since." I say. "And before you ask, no. I don't know why he left."

"I'm so sorry!" He rushes over and gives me a hug.

I smile, hugging him back. "It's okay. I'm so used to not having a dad now, that I don't even care anymore."

"Do you have any siblings?" He questions.

"I have an older brother away at college." I answer.

"Can I be like your younger brother? Please? You're so cool and I wish Ashton was more like you." He says, tugging at my sweatshirt.

I smile small, "yeah, I'll be your other big brother."

"Cool!" He cheers before I hear his stomach grumble.

"Come on, let's go back to your house and make some dinner." I chuckle.

"Can I help you?" He asks excitedly.

I smile. "Yeah, come on."

~~

"No, Harry!" I laugh. "You're making a mess, stop."

"Oops!" Harry laughs as he flicks a handful of powder in my face.

I playfully glare at him, "you're getting me all dirty, Harry. Knock it off."

"What the hell happened in here?" Ashton walks into the kitchen as Harry and I point at each other.

I grab flour and chuck it at Harry. His eyes widen and he looks at me. "You did not just do that."

"Yeah, I did." I laugh. "Now stop. I have to clean this all up."

"Fine." Harry sighs loudly. "I'll be in my room. Just call me down when dinner's ready."

I watch him run up the stairs and I shake my head, letting loose flour hit the floor.

"I'll clean this up." Ashton says, eyeing me. "You can go take a quick shower to wash your hair."

"No, it's fine." I protest.

"Just go." Ashton rolls his eyes. "I'll take the food out of the oven when it's done."

"Okay," I said, very slowly before heading up the stairs and towards the bathroom. I simply leaned over the bathtub after turning the faucet on and quickly washed my hair, using a green apple shampoo. I didn't care who's it was, I just needed to get rid of the flour.

After I was finished I grabbed a clean towel from the stack on one of the shelves in the closet. I quickly dried off my hair to the best of my ability before looking at myself in the mirror.

My hair was in all different directions and it fell just above my eyes. I quickly tamed it before heading back downstairs into the kitchen.

Harry was telling Ashton about all the cool tricks I had taught him today while munching on the chicken potpie we made. The kitchen was now clean except for the few dishes in the sink, which I would do later.