thirty seven

I'm crying bc this is the last chapter of the book. I was gonna add in the ATL concert, but nvm ahaha. Anyways, so there will be a small epilogue also and that will be posted either later tonight or later in the week [most likely later in the week though bc I'm working on other fics].

I just want to thank every single one of you for reading and commenting and voting on this fic. You don't understand how much it means to me! It's incredible and I'm honestly getting emotional right now. Like, this story is only a little over 200K from 1M and I'm like so excited and omg you guys are seriously just amazing. You don't even understand how much you guys mean to me.

Through out this writing experience I've made so many new friends and I met my best friend through this site. I always enjoy talking to all of you too, so talk to me more and we could become great friends! You guys have changed me so much and you make me want to write so much more. I'm even going to college for writing courses now because you guys give me hope :)

This chapter gets 2 questions bc you're all amazing and yeah.

qotc #1; what are you currently listening to/watching right now? I'm listening to Fire & Gold by Bea Miller. Her voice has really improved since the xfactor. I love her so much :')

qotc #2; what was your favourite thing/part about this fic?

Enjoy the last chapter! *le cries*

june 2016
just the other day was the two year anniversary of knowing my best friend holy shit i'm so happy !! and I'm watching descendants 

"How do you think you did?" Ashton asks, approaching me at my locker at the end of the school day.

"I'm not sure." I sigh. "I think I did decent."

"I bet you did great." He smiles, cupping my face with his hands.

"Ash, we're at school." I mutter, watching him carefully.

He shakes his head with a smile, "I don't care anymore. I don't care who knows." He presses his lips to mine, not caring about the fact that people were probably staring. "I love you, Luke." He smiles, slowly pulling away.

I smile small, "I love you too, Ash."

Suddenly, there were multiple shouts and cheers with lots of clapping. Why would people be clapping and cheering when the captain of the soccer team and the - no longer - new kid just kissed in the school hallway.

"I knew there was something going on between you two." Kyle smirks, patting Ashton's back before heading out of the school, along with a bunch of other kids since the buses would be leave soon.

"Wanna go on a date?" Ashton smiles, biting down on his bottom lip.

"When?" I raise an eyebrow. "I might have plans." I add with a smirk.

"Do you have plans right now?" He asks, playing with the hem of my shirt.

"I don't think so." I respond with a playful smile.

"We could go get some ice cream." He suggests.

I shrug, "that sounds pretty good to me."

"Good." He smiles, holding out his hand. "But I'm driving."

"You have some ice cream on your nose." Ashton giggles.

"Do I really?" I groan, embarrassed.

"You do now." Ashton laughs loudly shoving my ice cream cone in my face.

"You dick." I mutter. "Now you have to lick it off."

Ashton simply shrugs, "okay." He leans over the small table and licks my cheek, taking some of the smeared ice cream off.

"Gross, Ash!" I scrunch up my ice cream covered nose. "I wasn't serious." I reach for the napkins and wipe my face off before he could lick me once more.

"We have that All Time Low concert a week after graduation." Ashton reminds me.

"Shit," I slap my hand to my forehead. "I almost forgot."

"I guess neither of us are having graduation parties?" He raises an eyebrow and I chuckle.

"I guess not."

"My relatives still might send me money." Ashton shrugs.

"Mine probably will just put it in my college fund account." I mumble as I finished cleaning off my face.

He shrugs, "it's okay. It's still money and you can just put it on a card."

I shrug, "maybe."

"So, my mom wants to take us out to dinner after graduation." Ashton bites down on his lip.

"Just your mom?" I question.

"And Harry." He smiles. "I told her she could invite Trinity too."

"Cool." I nod once before looking down at my phone.

"You okay?" Ashton asks, placing his hand atop mine.

"I'm fine." I nod. "I just miss my mom sometimes, ya know?"

He bites down on his bottom lip, yet again. "I know, babe. I'm sorry."

"It's okay." I shrug. "I'm kind of used to it now."

"I love you. You know that right?"

I smile, leaning over to peck his lips. "I love you too."

"I now present to you, the class of two thousand fourteen." The principal concluded. The crowd began cheering and I couldn't help but smile. My aunt had flown out for my graduation and I was so excited to see her. She had text me letting me know she was here when my class was still inside waiting for the ceremony to actually start. I looked over my shoulder at Ashton who was in the row behind me, a few seats down. He sent me a wink before turning to one of his mates that stood next to him, hugging him.

We walked off the field formally and when everyone reached the end we were free to go find our family and friends that had come to see the graduation. Strong arms wrapped around my waist and I spun around to face my loving boyfriend.

"Congratulations." He smirks, kissing my lips quickly before pulling me into a hug. "Come on," He smiles as he grabs my hand and tugs me through the crowds of people. We both got stopped a few times to take pictures with other friends that had graduated. Ashton got stopped for a good five minutes so parents could get pictures of the whole soccer team. When we were finally free to continue our journey, Ashton drug me all the way over to the fence of the field, where Ashton's mom, his brother, his sister, my aunt, and the woman who I thought I would never see again. My mother.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" I ask, stopping in front of her.

"Ashton came over." She smiled small, glancing over at Ashton as I did the same. "I'm sorry for everything and I miss you." She sighs, her eyes searching mine. "Ashton told me you got into a school in Texas? I'm so proud of you, honey."

"Thanks, mom." I sigh, pulling her into a hug.

After our embrace I hugged my aunt, then Lauren, Harry, and Mrs. Irwin. "Shall we all head out for dinner?" Mrs. Irwin smiles. "Ashton told me to make reservations for seven at that restaurant down the street for seven thirty."

I pull my phone out of my pocket and nod, "yeah, we should probably go."

"Can I ride over with Ash and Luke?" Harry asks. He looked adorable in his dress shirt and tie. His hair was still a mop on his head - just like Ashton's - and he wore that same smile Ashton did. The one that showed off his dimples.

"If that's okay with your brother and Luke." Mrs. Irwin nods.

"I'm cool with that. I miss ya, shrimp." I smile, putting him in a playful headlock and messing up his hair even more.

And Harry giggles like a mad man as we race off to the car.