eleven

"Lukey! Wake up! You're gonna be late for school." Harry smacks me with a pillow.

"Okay, okay, I'm getting up." I groan, pulling the covers off of my head.

"We have to leave in ten minutes so get your booty up!" He shouts. "Ash is downstairs making Eggo waffles really quick. Do you want any?"

"No thanks." I yawn quickly. "Now get out so I can change." After he left the room I slowly sat up, rubbing my temples because my head hurt so bad.

I climbed out of bed and walked over to my duffle bag, grabbing a pair of black skinny jeans and a band tee. After slipping my converse on my feet I grab my school bag from the floor and head downstairs, smelling the waffles in the toaster.

I silently walked into the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge, feeling two sets of eyes on the back of my head. "So, Harry," I say, turning to face him. "Did you sleep okay after your dream last night?"

He nods rapidly, "yeah, I cuddled with Ashy."

"That's good." I purse my lips. "How'd you sleep, Ash?"

"Good." He smiles small before watching the toaster again.

"I'll be in the car." I mutter, grabbing my car keys from the counter. "Come out when you're ready."

I made my way out to the car and climbed in, buckling my seat belt and starting the engine.

After about five minutes the two Irwin's walked out and climbed in the car. I felt bad that Harry had to squeeze in the back with all my boxes, but he said it was okay.

After I dropped Harry off at school I headed towards the high school. The car ride was silent and it was strange. Ashton was usually talking up a storm or messing with the radio.

"Is everything okay, Ash?" I ask, pulling into the high school.

"Yeah," he nods slowly. "I'm just tired."

"You seem distant." I state.

"I'm sorry about last night." He says quickly.

I furrow my eyebrows. "What about last night?"

He frowns, "you don't remember."

"Am I supposed to remember something?" I ask.

"Oh, right," he laughs lightly. "Fireball makes you forget after so many and you were a first timer."

"What did I do?" I ask, twisting in my seat so I could face him.

"Nothing, Luke." He mutters, reaching for the door handle.

"Ash," I reach out and grab his shoulder, stopping him from opening the car door.

"What do you want, Luke?" He snaps, turning to face me with dark eyes.

"What did I do that got you this upset?" I ask.

"I kissed you, Luke." He states. My lips part in shock. "I kissed you and told you how much I liked you."

"What did I do?" I ask, glancing down at the steering wheel.

"Well, we almost kissed at first, but Harry interrupted us, so when you were going to bed I chased after you and," he paused, "and I kissed you." He pursed his lips. "And you kissed me back."

"Did we..." I trailed off.

He shook his head quickly. "No, we just kissed once, than I went back to bed."

"Oh," I bit my lip softly, looking through the rearview mirror. A bunch of kids were walking towards the school, getting ready for the day to start. "So, what does this make us?"

"Friends." He answers right away.

I chuckle, "well obviously you thought about this."

"I don't want to be in a relationship with a guy right now." He mutters. "It's a lot of stress trying to hide the fact that you're gay to a school full of people when you're the captain of the soccer team and a lady's man."

"Who said it would have to be public?" I shrug.

"So you're saying you want a relationship?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Well, no." I say. "You just want to be with a guy without being with him. We don't have to be together." I shrug. "We can just do what couples do."

"You'd want that?" He asks and I nod swiftly. "But I've never had a boyfriend. I don't know what to do."

"We're not dating." I say strictly. "We're just two guys who are affectionate towards eachother whenever we're alone."

He bites down on his lip softly, "okay."

"Okay?" I raise an eyebrow and he nods.

"Okay."

____________________________________________

It's short, but at least I updated. Peace.

june 2016

its 2 years later and i still hate the stupid okay? okay tfios reference. i don't even like that movie gET OUT (btw when i wrote that i hadn't even seen the movie or read the book and i think i state that in the next chapter so fight me)