BONUS

[ this is a bonus chapter like 3 or 4 years later bc ily all so much and appreciate you and don't even remember when i made this book ]

LUKE NERVOUSLY fiddled with his tie as he looked over his appearance in the floor length mirror. he looked down at the manicure that harry's girlfriend had given him and frowned at the chipped nail polish. he had been nibbling at his nails, letting his nerves get the best of him.

he sat down and pulled his phone from his pocket, looking through old messages from ashton.

i love you, luke

you're my world

i can't wait to marry you tomorrow

luke smiled at the message and ran his fingers through his hair, standing back up. he couldn't sit still. this was the most important day of his life.

"luke?" he heard someone call and he turned to see his mother standing in the doorway.

"hi mom." he sighed, walking over to her. he pulled her into a hug and she easily returned it before holding him away from her. she fixed his tie and smiled up at him.

"it's time. are you ready?"

"as i'll ever be." he answered. "i don't know why i'm so nervous. i've been looking forward to this day since ashton and i first said that we loved each other."

"it's a scary thing, getting married, but you can handle it. i know you can."

"is ashton doing okay? have you talked to him?"

"he's perfect, luke. just for you."

luke quickly nodded and followed her down the hall. he made his way up to the alter and gave a small wave to ashton's mom in the front row.

the music began to play and everyone rose as the double doors opened and ashton stood there with his sister. the two walked down the aisle and lauren gave ashton a big hug once they reached the front.

it had taken a lot of thinking for ashton to choose his sister to walk him down the aisle. his dad still hadn't spoken to him since he came out, but the boy didn't care. he was happy and that was all that mattered.

"welcome family and friends." the man began. "we are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the marriage of ashton irwin and luke hemmings. this is not the beginning of a new relationship, but an acknowledgement of the next chapter of their lives together."

luke looked at ashton with the biggest smile. he looked so handsome and ashton only blushed.

"ashton and luke have spent the last few years getting to know each other, and we now join them to bear witness to what their relationship has become. today, they will affirm this bone formally and publicly. this affirmations means more because it is shared with their beloved friends and family members."

ashton reached out for luke's hands and they laced their fingers together, listening.

"as proust said, "let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom" and will mark their transition as a couple not only by celebrating the love between themselves, but by also celebrating the love between all of us — including the love of their parents, siblings, extended family, and best friends. without that love, today would be far less joyous. thank you all for being here this afternoon.

"ashton and luke, today you not only marry the right person, you also commit to being the right partner; the one whom the other can stand and face the world. it's finally time to seal this chapter with questions that will lead us into the next chapter."

luke took a deep breath as the man continued to speak, finally getting to the part he was lost excited for.

"do you, luke, take ashton to be your lawfully wedded partner, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and not so good times, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself unto him for as long as you both shall live?"

luke smiled at ashton and gave his hands a tight squeeze. "i do."

"do you, ashton, take luke to be your lawfully wedded partner, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and not so good times, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself unto him for as long as you both shall live?"

ashton nodded quickly. "i do."

the man continued, "a ring is an unbroken circle, with ends that have been joined together, and it represents your union. it is also a symbol of completeness, just as you two complete each other. it is a symbol of infinity, and of your infinite love. it encircles an opening, which is the door to your future. when you look at these rings on your hands, be reminded of this moment, your commitment, and the love you now feel for each other.

"ashton, place the ring on 's finger and repeat after me: luke, i give you this ring as a symbol of my love with the pledge to love you today, tomorrow, always, and forever."

ashton repeated what he said as he slipped the ring on luke's finger.

"and now, luke place the ring on 's finger and repeat after me: ashton, i give you this ring as a symbol of my love with the pledge to love you today, tomorrow, always, and forever."

luke repeated the same as he also placed the ring on ashton's finger.

"ashton and luke, before these witnesses you have pledged to be joined in marriage. you have now sealed this pledge with your wedding rings. you may now seal this ceremony with a kiss."

luke leaned forward and pressed his lips tightly to ashton's. everyone started to cheer and the two boys smiled into the kiss. once they pulled apart they hugged and thanked the man for the ceremony before walking down the aisle and out the doors.

"fuck, i can't believe i'm finally married to you." ashton pressed a kiss to luke's lips.

"you know what this means, right?" luke smiled. "we can finally adopt sammy."

as if she heard them talking about her the ten year old girl came skipping down the hall alongside the adoption lady.

"congratulations." she smiled and sammy stepped forward.

"congrats!" sammy giggled. "this means you're one step closer to adopting me, right?"

"it sure does." luke picked the girl up and hugged her tight before pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"ew." she scoffed, wiping the kiss away. "daddy, stop it." luke's face lit up at the word daddy and he smiled wide, pressing kisses all over the little girl's face. "alright! you win!" she giggled and luke placed her down.

ashton gave her a hug before the two said they would see her at the reception. luke looked over at ashton as they entered a private room. "i love you, ash."

ashton smiled back, "i love you too, husband."