six

As it hit one a.m. on the clock I let a yawn fall from my lips. It was the first time I had yawned all night, but I knew I was beyond tired.

Harry had woken up and asked me to lay with him in his bed until he fell asleep again, so we ended up watching Transformers 2 until he passed out.

Harry's door slowly opened and Mrs. Irwin slowly poked her head in, gesturing for me to go to her. I carefully rose from the bed and tiptoed across the room until I was outside and the door was closed.

"Thank you for staying so late. Do you have any idea where Ashton is? He's not in the house." She frowns.

"Uh, yeah. He said he was going to be at a friend's house, so I guess he's sleeping over there." I reply.

She sighs, "alright, thank you. Anthony's downstairs in the kitchen; he'll pay you, then you can leave."

"Thank you, ma'am." I smile, heading down the stairs.

After Mr. Irwin pays me he leads me to the door and locks it after I'm outside. I walk over to my car and pull my keys out of the sweatpants I borrowed from Ashton. I tossed my jeans in the back seat with all my bags and boxes before climbing into my car and starting the engine.

My eyes caught a moving figure and I jumped out of the car to stop Ashton from walking any closer to the house.

"Ash, you can't go home plastered. Your parents with kill you." I whisper.

"My parents are home?" He slurred. "Well, shit. I was out a lot later than promised." He lets out a giggle and I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"Okay, um, get in the car." I help him walk over to the passenger side and practically shove him in the car since he's unstable. I buckle his seatbelt for him and quickly shut his door. I jog over to my side and climb in, shutting the door just in time for Ashton to turn up my music. "Stop, Ashton." I groan, turning the music down low, just enough to be heard.

"You like All Time Low?" Ashton slurs. I'm surprised he could even tell who the artist was in his state.

"Yeah," I say bluntly. "Doesn't everyone?"

"Well, my friend Kenny doesn't." He huffs. "But he's foreign, so he doesn't know good music yet."

"How long as he lived here for?" I ask.

"Eight years." He's emotionless as he says that and I try not to laugh.

"Oh." I shake my head lightly and put the car in drive, keeping a firm step on the break. "Where am I taking you? You can't go home like this."

"I have a place where you can stay!" Ashton smiles wide, ignoring my question.

I simply sigh, "where, Ashton?"

"Okay, do you know where the park is?" He asks with a smile bigger than ever.

"Yeah," I nod.

"Go there." He instructs.

"I'm not going to sleep in a park, Ashton." I glare at him.

"Just trust me!" He says.

"That's kind of hard to do." I mutter, pulling out of his driveway. I head in the direction of the park, passing a few drunk people walking down the street at the same time. Ashton sat there pointing every person out; telling me their name and grade. I feel like he's smarter when he's drunk.

Once we arrive to the park, Ashton says to drive down the dirt road in the back and I hesitated for a minute before driving down the deserted road. I was shocked at the other side, seeing a lake and the back of a lake house.