eight

I finished getting the rest of my belongings from the lake house before getting in my car and heading off to Harry's friend's house to pick him up from their 'playdate'. It was close to six and I was supposed to be there at six exactly.

After I picked up Harry we headed to a McDonalds for dinner because I was too lazy to cook tonight. I ordered two Big Macs, a medium fry, and a coke while Harry ordered two double cheeseburgers, a small fry, and a Dr. Pepper. We sat down in an empty booth and began eating.

Harry's eyes kept drifting out the window and I furrowed my eyebrows. "Harry, what's wrong?"

He takes a quick bite of his cheeseburger and chews it fast. "Why do you have all your stuff in your car?"

I stop in the middle of chewing a handful of fries and look down at the table, trying not to choke. I quickly swallow my food before meeting Harry's eyes. "It's just in there for now."

"Are you moving somewhere?" He asks with a frown. "You just moved into town. You can't leave already!" He throws a fit, slamming his fist on the table.

"Harry, relax." I say calmly, grabbing his hand before he can throw it down on the table again. "I'm not moving away."

"Then why do you have all that stuff with you?" He asks.

How the hell can I say this to an eleven year old boy? I pursed my lips before parting then slightly, letting my tongue moisten them. "I'm not living with my mom anymore, so I have to live somewhere else."

"Where are you going to live? Why would your mom do that to you?" He asks abruptly.

"I'm not sure yet, Har." I sigh, trying not to run my greasy fingers through my hair. "My mom and I just don't see eye to eye."

"But all mom's are supposed to love their kids and all kids are supposed to love their moms." He frowns.

I smile small, "I love my mom, Harry. We just can't live in the same house anymore."

"You can stay at my house!" He smiles. "I mean, you already are until Saturday! I'm sure my mom wouldn't care if you stayed in Lauren's old room longer."

"Lauren's old room?" I raise an eyebrow. "I thought it was the guest room? Who's Lauren?"

"Lauren's my older sister!" He smiles wide. "She moved out when I was eight. She's in England for college and I think she's living there now. She comes and visits every once and a while, but we made her room a guest room now since she's rarely in it. I'm sure my mom will understand and let you have that room."

"That's what Ashton said." I pondered the idea before shaking my head. "I couldn't do that. I'd be a burden on your family."

"Ashton's smart sometimes, you know?" He says, taking a bite of his burger. "I know you two don't get along very much, but he likes you."

"What?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"It's kind of weird knowing your own brother is gay before he even knows it." He sighs.

"What?" I repeat.

"Yeah, he always has this longing look towards you and whenever he's frustrated he always says it has something to do with you." He shrugs. "It's obvious that he thinks you bother him so much when it's just because he doesn't want to like you, but he does."

"How do you know all this stuff?" I ask.

"Hey, just because I'm eleven doesn't mean I don't know stuff. I'm pretty smart too." He crosses his arms over his chest.

"Okay, bud, finish eating your food so we can get back to your house." I say.

"It'll be your home too soon." He smiles.

I picked up a fry and started pushing the rest of my fries around. "Yeah, maybe."

***

OKAY GUYS SO THIS IS LITTERALLY LIKE ONLY 300 WORDS, MAYBE LESS EVEN BUT I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU GUYS WANTED SOMETHING UPDATED SO ITS A LITTLE FILLER BASICALLY ANYWAYS, IM STILL UPDATING ON WEDNESDAY THO AND IT WILL BE MUCH LONGER THAN THIS. I LOVE ALL YOU BABES <333

june 2016

OK OBVIOUSLY SOME OF Y'ALL ARENT GETTING THE HINT. lauren is older than ashton in this . its a fictional story and last time i checked, i'm allowed to do what i want with fictional things. i don't really get why its such a big deal that she's older anyway ?????????????????????????????

The Babysitter ≫ lashtonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें