thirty five

this is the shortest update I've ever done because I've just had a really stressful so I'm sorry about this :((

Omg ok I'm awful for laughing at this but story time. Okay so you know it's bad luck to use crutches if you don't actually need them [and if you didn't know you know now] and my eight year old sister didn't believe me. And I told her she was gonna have karma and she was line 'naaah' and GUESS WHAT? She was using the crutches and fell down a flight of stairs and sprained her ankle. So now she believes in karma and I'm an awful person for laughing at the situation, but that's what you get for not listening ahha

I examined my wrist, seeing the awkward tan line because of the cast. I was thankful that I finally got it off - two weeks before graduation and the final soccer game for Harry's team.

Ashton came to every game after his practice was over so that he would be able to see Harry and watch me coach - mostly to see Harry. Ashton's last soccer game was a couple nights before graduation and he was working so hard.

It was now eleven thirty in the evening and I was sitting on the couch in the lake house, watching tele and eating junk food.

Ashton was in Tennessee with his mom (-who had figured out we were at the lake house and apologised to the both of us. She didn't feel the same hatred as his dad, so she wanted things to be good with her and her son.-) to take his placement test for school in the fall. I needed to stay back for school since I had passed my SATs and didn't need to take my placement test.

Ash was coming home tonight, but I wasn't sure what time, so I was planning on staying up until he got home.

One thing was definite: I was nervous. Scared.

When high school is over, Ashton and I are going to be a thousand miles away. What if he cheats? What if I cheat?

No.

I would never cheat on Ashton. He's the first guy that I've actually felt strong feelings for. He's my first kiss, first touch...first everything. I can't just throw that all away.

And I hope he thinks the same thing.

As the hours pass and it's two in the morning I hear the door knob jiggle a bit. Once Ashton's in the house he walks into the living room and smiles at the sight of me on the couch.

"I didn't think you'd still be awake." He says, sitting next to me.

"How was the test?" I ask.

"I think I did good." He smiles small, lacing his fingers with mine. "How are you?"

"I'm okay." I smile sheepishly.

"Do you want to sleep?" He asks.

I shake my head, "no. I think we should talk."

"About what?" His smile falls and his eyes scan over my face.

"School plans." I say.

"Oh," he sighs with relief. Did he think I was breaking up with him? "Uh, okay, what do you want to talk about?"

"How are we going to do this whole dating when we're going to be a thousand miles away?" I ask. "I'm not breaking up with you." I add quickly. "I just don't know how we're going to do this. We haven't exactly talked about this."

"Well, we can mail letters and Skype." He smiles, biting down on his lower lip. "And we'll see each other during thanksgiving and Christmas vacation."

"You'd never leave me, right?" I ask.

"Why would you even think that?" He asks, concern clearly written all over his face.

"Because we're going to different schools. We'll be a thousand miles away and I'll only get to see you during holidays." I frown.

He laces his fingers with mine. "I promise I will never leave you. Like you said last week, we'll make this work, okay?"

"Okay," I sigh.

"Now come on, let's get some sleep. I had a very long flight." Ash yawns, pulling me off the couch.

"It was only a two hour flight." I laugh.

"And it's also pass midnight." He points out.

I sigh loudly, "fine, mister buttface."

Ashton scoffs, "I am not a buttface."

"I would have to disagree." I smirk.

He spits his tongue out at me before dropping my hands and rushing off to the bedroom.

This was definitely not going to be a night of sleeping.