Abuse

Johnnys POV

I winced as I was thrown to the ground by my father. He started kicking me in my gut, making me cough out the air I needed to breath.

Gasping for air, he shoves his foot right into my rib, making my vision go blurry for a minute before returning to normal.

"Stupid. Piece. Of. Shit." He yells out, each time he kicks.

"Get up!!" He screams and pulls me up by my right arm. I feel like he pulled something like a muscle but I don't say anything because if I do, he's going to hit me harder.

He yells in my face, slurring a bit from the amount of alcohol he drank. Then he straight up punches me in the nose, making me fly back and hit the wall behind me.

I don't feel a thing. From the punches to the cigarette burns. Numb. Immune, some would call it.

It's been like this since I was very young, before I even went to 5th grade.

The only love I've ever felt was from the gang, and they probably think I'm just annoying and a bother.

They say I'm not every time I say I am, and that gives me a small bit of hope that someone actually cares me. I'm always wrong.

"Get out! Get out!" He screams at me so I use the rest of my energy to run out of there before he starts using weapons.

Weapons are the worst. Knifes, chairs, broken bottles. Almost every dangerous thing, I have been hit with. Not a heater though, or else I would be dead. I've wanted to die, to kill myself, but I know that it would just kill the gang. I've told Pony multiple times and he just talks to me and says things are going to get better and that the whole gang wouldn't be there if it weren't for I.

Weird huh?

I actually did something right.

I didn't stop running until I got to the doorstep of the Curtis house. This is where I can get away from the abuse and in to loving, kind arms of my friends. My real family. The only living things that have ever cared for me.

Knocking on the door, it opens instantly, revealing Pony.

"You know Johnny, you can just walk in right?" He chuckles.

The Curtis' leave their door open to anyone who needs a place to stay, the gang or even Tim Shepard. They're such nice people, they don't deserve to live in this shitty town.

"Yeah Pone, I know. But I don't like just waltzing in here like it's my house." I reply.

"This is your home, this is the whole gangs home. Now come in and let Darry patch up your head." I give him a confused look so he points to a place on my head and I touch it. I wince as it stings and I pull my hand back to see blood on the tips of my fingers.

I don't even remember getting hit in the head...
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
I don't move until Darry says I can. The cut stings but I stay still anyways.

He pulls away and pats me on my shoulder, moving away to the kitchen.

"Why an I such a bother..." I mumble to myself not realizing Pony sat down as soon as I said that.

"You're no bother Johnnycake." He reassures me.

"Well I feel like I am..." He places his hand on my knee and it sends jolts up my spine, making me jump.

"You're not, trust me." He smiles.