Order Up

Since I was deleting the book, I was too proud of the first and second chapter to delete that so I made it into a one-shot instead•

Johnny's POV

As I tied the black apron around my waist, my glasses slid off a bit. Pushing them up, I fixed my smile and pushed open the door, heading to the table that was filled with 5 people.

"H-hi, my name is Johnny and I'm your waiter today. Can I start you off with a drink?" I asked, shifting from foot to foot, getting uncomfortable with the looks they were giving me.

"Four Pepsi's and a water please," a boy with dark auburn colored hair replied, not letting the others decide. He had leafy green eyes and a cute little grin.

"U-uh, okay. I'll be r-right back out," I stuttered, my face having a faded pink blush on it as I walked away quickly.

Um... okay that was weird. Why did I act like that? Why did I stutter? I mean I already do but that was more than usual.

I shook the thoughts out of my head as I prepared their drinks. I was probably imagining it.

As I finished up, I headed back towards the table, the boys not noticing me because they were caught up in their conversation, place down the drinks and walk away with the tray.

Some older guy with snake tattoo on his neck and black leather jacket passed by me and squeezed my butt, and me being me, I reacted by dropping the tray and turning around to see a smug look on his face.

"D-don't e-ever do that again," I tried to look tough but with my stutter, it made me looked scared.

By now, half the restaurant was staring (including the boys I just served) as he walked closer to me, about 2 feet taller.

"What was that you little rat?" He growled, leaning closer.

"I-I said. Don't do that. Ever. Again," I use a deep voice that even I have never heard come out of my mouth but I'm glad it did.

He had a surprised look on his face but quickly it was wiped away by an evil grin. He harshly grabbed my wrists that were by my side and pushed me against a wall, pinning my hands above my head. His grip was already giving me a set of bruises while the color drained from my face and my legs numbed.

My breath was ragged and he decided he was tired so he threw me to the ground and kicked me in the stomach, making me grab it with pain.

"That's enough, leave him alone," I weakly lift my head and look to the direction I heard the voice. It was the mean looking guy from the table with the cute kid.

This mean looking greaser was about a foot taller than the guy that had thrown me to the ground. I was thankful though, that somebody actually stepped in instead of just watching.

The guy growled but left me alone, also getting kicked out by my manager. My co-workers who has just finally found out what happened, helped me up to my feet and dragged me to the back.

I didn't even get a chance to say thank you.

The one girl, Jacky, set me carefully down on a chair and brushed hair out of my face.

"Are you okay Johnny?" She asks, worry building in her eyes.

"Y-yeah, just give me a few minutes to figure what the hell just happened."

My stomach ached with pain but after about 10 minutes I was up and ready to go work again. My manager tried making me just go home but I knew home would be worse so I stayed.

I breathed in and walked out with a fake smile, immediately going to the boys who were thankfully still here.

"H-hey, uh, before I take your order, I just wanted to say thank you for stopping that asshole."