Star Dust

Sodapops POV

I slip outside of the house, careful to make as less noise as possible. My feet hit the ground, sending vibrations throughout the old, front deck.

I couldn't sleep, to many things on my mind.

I walk over to the concrete steps and sit on them, careful not to scrape any part of my legs.

Looking up at the stars, I watch as they twinkle with happiness. The wind sings softly as it does daily and nightly.

"Sodapop?" The voice comes from far away but I can already tell who it is.

"Yeah it's me, are you okay Steve?" I ask, concerned as to why he came to our house in the middle of the night.

"Yeah, my old man got drunk again and I didn't want to stick around to find out what object he decides to throw," he sighs and I can tell there's a lot on his mind.

"C'mere, sit down," I pat the seat next to me and he accepts my offering.

"The stars," I mumble.

"What?" He looks over at me and I just keep my head tilted up.

"The stars help me calm my thoughts, they soothe me, as does the wind. It might help with you too," I state, wrapping one arm around him when I see him shivering.

"Oh, yeah, I guess. They are quite nice," he says, leaning into me as if I were his only source of heat. Which in this case, I am.

We sit in silence as the wind howls and dogs bark. It's so quiet and peaceful when the world is asleep.

"Hey, did you know that humans are made out of star dust?" I ask. I'm actually not quite sure but I think I seen it once on some earth channel on the television.

"So we're all star crumbs? How did you find that out?" He questions.

"Some earthy channel. I think that's what it said. And no, not crumbs, dust. Crumbs are way bigger than dust cubes."

"Oh... that's neat."

Once again, everything falls silent. It feels like I'm roaming the world. Like I'm learning a lot of new things about it. But all I'm doing is sitting here with my boyfriend, gazing at the stars.

"I'm a motherfuckin' star boy," Steve giggles.

"Yes, yes you are."

I smile, looking down at his sparkling blue eyes. The stars. The stars are in his eyes... my star boy.

•Was it good? Did you like it? I absolutely love the stars and space. I actually wrote this based on what I've done this past summer. I'd sneak out of my house and lay on my deck, watching the stars while my brain settles itself. Quite lovely if you ask me. I want to gaze at the stars with someone. With someone special.•