Spray Paint

Steve's POV

"Soda! Sodapop! Where are you??" I call out, my hear beating rapidly.

I walk down the sidewalk, a bit further downtown. Soda's been missing all day and everybody's looking for him. I said I'd check downtown because I didn't want anyone else to get hurt or in trouble, plus I know a few guys down here.

All of a sudden, I hear a... hissing noise? No, it's not like a living sound. It sounds more like a spray paint can.

I turn into the alleyway where the sound is coming from.

I stop dead in my tracks, unable to breath from the surprise. Chills spread throughout my body as I watch it.

"S-Soda?" He's dressed in a black hoodie and black sweatpants. He stops spraying the wall and I see his head dip forward as if he was ashamed.

"That you buddy?" I hesitantly step forward.

"Y-yeah... it's me," he removes the hood and I see that his brown, soft locks are now a deep black. His blue eyes that were full of life are now a dull gray.
(A special thanks to commie- for helping me with the eye color).

"...w-what h-happened S-Soda?" Tears well up into my eyes. He was only missing for not even 24 hours... how and why would he do this...?

"Get away Steve, I don't want to hurt you."

When he says that, all instincts tell me to run away, as far as possible. But I came to do one thing and I'm going to do it.

"I'm not leaving. I came to find you and bring you home and goddammit I'm bringing you home whether you like it or not," I stand my ground as he starts walking towards me, something... in his hand.

Once he's standing inches from my face, I'm able to identify the object... the blade I got for his 15th birthday. The one I had to give him in secret because I knew his mom would freak if she knew I gave it to him.

"I really don't want to do this, but I will if I have to," he growls out and something in his eyes tell me he's not messing around.

"Come home," I confidently puts my hands on his cheeks only for something to pierce my left side.

"I'm sorry, I warned you," he backed away and my hands fell to my side that was now furiously bleeding.

Tears fell from my eyes. He stabbed me. He stabbed me. Sodapop Curtis stabbed Steve Randle.

I fell to the ground, gasping for air as I began to panic.

Soda just turned around and started to pack up all of his paint cans.

"I love you!" I scream, taking deeper breaths than before.

"I love you and you will come home whether I'm dead or not."

I gather the strength and painfully stand up, hunched over with my hands pressing onto the wound.

He freezes and turns around, surprised to see me standing with bloodied hands.

"Go home Steve, you're bleeding really bad, have Darry fix you up," he turns back around but I limp/run towards him and turn him around, slapping him.

"You're so fucking stupid. Come home with me now before I kill you myself," I spit, getting in his face to show I'm not messing either.

•Eh? Part 2 anyone?•