Alcohol & Fists

Darry was never the same after his mom and dad died. It was a horrible tragedy that happened to the Curtis family and friends.

Ponyboy was a mess, he was crying in Sodapops arms when they heard the news.

Soda, he would cry for hours inside of hours, a lot worse than anybody. He was trying to keep it together but he couldn't.

And Darry... he didn't even cry at the funeral. He was like a robot. He had to be the strong one in his family. But that's only what he said on the outside.

He soon was a mess. A big one. And a bad one.

Days went by and Darry already finished half the liquor in the house.

He was stumbling all over and tripping over his feet, slurring his words, and once even smacked Pony.

That's how it all began.

That night, Darry had gotten drunk. Way too drunk to know what he was doing. Ponyboy came home after spending some time with Johnny, Pony tried to help his oldest brother to his room but Darry just pushed him away.

Pony grabbed Darry's arm and then...Darry slapped Pony across the face, sending him to the floor. Soda was hanging with Steve so he didn't know this happened until Pony told him.

After Darry slapped him, he ran to his room and locked the door, grabbing the phone on the way in.

He dialed Sodas number as fast as he could, and it didn't help that he was shaking and his vision was blurry.

Soda answered after a few rings and Pony tried to explain everything but he just ended up screaming "DARRY HIT ME!" Into the phone. Soda said he was on his way.

Steve was confused on what was going on but drove to the Curtis house without any questions.

Soda jumped out of the car and ran into the house, immediately getting a whiff of the alcohol scent. He cringed but looked for Pony, instead finding Darry passed out on the couch with a vodka bottle in his hand.

He panicked and ran upstairs to find his bedroom door locked. He banged on it saying it was him, the door flew open to see Ponyboy shaking and sobbing.

He had a red handprint on his face from the slap. Soda embraced his kid brother, trying to calm him down.

After an hour of Soda holding him, he fell asleep. Steve was cleaning up the drinks without being asked too.

Let's just say... it was a long night.

•How was this? It was supposed to be an actual story but I decided to just turn it into a one-shot because I have many more stories to publish and I was never going to get to this one•