News

Sodapop's POV:

I slammed my shoulder into the door, running out once it opened.

I was crying hysterically, tripping over my feet and the sidewalk, but I didn't stop. I had to get away. I couldn't be there anymore. It was too much.

"Sodapop! Stop!!" Someone called from behind me, but I didn't stop.

"Leave me alone!" I screamed, running towards the park.

"Soda!!"

I sobbed into my arm, skidding to a hault and falling on my knees.

"Sodapop..." Steve said.

He got down on his knees next to me and I grabbed him and pulled him in for a hug.

"They're gone... they're really gone..." I bawled into his shoulder.

"Shh, I know, I know, just let it out, I'm here for you," his voice shook when he spoke, I knew he was upset too.

My parents were family to him. They were there for him when his dad treated him like shit. My parents loved him like a son.

But now they're gone. They're dead.

The rest of the night, we stayed there until he helped me up and he walked me home. Darry was mad that I ran off but was extremely relieved to see that I was okay. He was upset but he wanted to be there for us. This made him grow up too quickly. And I feel so bad. He doesn't deserve this. He needs to be a kid and live his life as one.

When I got into bed that night, that's all I could think about.

They're... gone. Forever...

•How was this?•