Fathers Day?

Darry's POV:

I rub the sleep from my eyes, ready to get up and go make breakfast.

Tucking in my tight, black shirt, I run my hands through my hair and open my bedroom door.

Walking down the stairs, I hear laughter and loud footsteps - that belong to several people.

The gang must be here.

Walking into the kitchen, I see that it's all clean besides the plate that sits on the counter, untouched.

"Morning Darry," Ponyboy says with a smile, "Made breakfast for you."

"Morning, thank you," I said, feeling that something was off.

-

Once I finished, I set the plate in the sink, ready to wash it.

"I got it Superman, go sit down," Steve said, coming into the kitchen.

"Okay...?" I walked into the living room to see a big chocolate cake on the table, banners strung up, and a big sign that says 'Happy Father's Day'.

"Happy Father's Day Darry!" A large set of voices came from behind me and I turned around to see the gang all smiling, even Dallas.

I bit my tongue and smiled wide, I walked up to my family and gave them all hugs.

"T-thank you," I held back my tears but they saw right through me.

"It's okay to cry Dar," Ponyboy said, patting my back.

I breathed in and shook my head, feeling relieved.

"I'll give him something to cry about," Dallas said and I looked gave him a funny look.

He chuckled and threw me a card that said 'I love watching you be a dad, as you're playing an goofing around, giving advice and encouragement- and just being totally supportive, I love how you love being a dad. But most of all, I love you! Have a wonderful Father's Day!'

The card was signed by Dallas, Two-Bit, Steve, and Johnny.

"Aw thank you guys," a tear fell and I wiped it away only to be handed another card.

"You guys really want me to cry, don't you?" I laughed, opening it.

'Happy Father's Day to the guy who's impressed me, inspired me, supported me, loved me, and pissed me off. Whoops! How'd that last one get in there? Happy Father's Day!"

Signed by Sodapop and Ponyboy.

I laughed, feeling the tears fall from my eyes.

"Thank you, little brothers," I hugged them tightly.

Best Father's Day, ever~

•How was this?•