Ch. 5

It's been a week since the vanquishing of the Grimlocks along with Clark and Wyatt learning about each other's secrets. Wyatt is at football practice, running a few plays as a quarterback when he sees Clark in the stands. Wyatt gives Clark the nod and Clark nods back.

"Play 42 hut hike," Wyatt yells as the center hikes the ball to him. Wyatt look around to see who to throw the ball to and decides to throw it to Aaron his running back, who is wide open. He threw it before he could get a sack.

"Awesome play," Coach Hudson states as the boys come to see him after the play. "Amazing throw by the way Wyatt."

"Thanks," Wyatt replies as his drinks his Gatorade.

After running a few more plays, the coach decides to call an end to the practice.

"Alright, gather around people," the coach starts. "This Friday we will be playing against Sacramento High. I want you guys to play your hardest. Meet here at 5:30 or 6 for warm up since the game will be at 7. Understood?"

"Yes Coach," the team yells. They all put they hands while in the circle and yell "WILDCATS!!"

Wyatt begins to head to the locker room with his teammates when Clark calls out to him.

"Great practice man," Clark says beaming.

"Thanks," Wyatt replies. "Why you still here? Where's Chris and Melinda?"

"Chris and Melinda got a ride from their friends. As for me, I don't mind waiting around for you?"

"Yeah?" Wyatt asks.

"Yeah," Clark replies. "You stink. Better shower bro before we head home."

"Gotcha," Wyat replies grinning as he continues to head to the locker room to shower and change. After showering and changing, Wyatt dress in his t-shirt and jeans and walk out to the parking lot.

"Hey," Wyatt greets Clark who is waiting by the car. "Ready?"

"Yeah," Clark replies as he gets in the car with Wyatt. After driving the car for ten minutes they arrive at Wyatt's house.

"You want to come in for dinner?" Wyatt asks.

"Sure," Clark replies as he texts his parents that he will be over at the Halliwells for dinner.

"They say alright," Clark states as he reads the text.

"Cool," Wyatt responds. "You are in for a treat tonight. Mom makes an amazing bacon Fettucine alfredo."

"Good to know," Clark grins as he and Wyatt enter the manor.

"Mom, we're home. Clark is with me." Wyatt calls out.

"In the kitchen," Piper yells as the boys head over there. There they see Leo, Chris, Piper, and Melinda at the table with the plate and utensils set already.

"Just in time for dinner," Piper exclaims as she plates the Alfredo in each person's plate.

"Thank you, Ms. Halliwell," Clark says as Piper plates his plate with food.

"You can call me Piper," Piper grins.

"Okay," Clark says.

Soon enough everyone is eating and talking about their day.

"How was practice?" Chris asks Wyatt.

"It was good," Wyatt replies. "We just work out and run some drills."

"Sounds like a lot of work," Melinda says as she grabs some bread that is in the middle of the table.

"Yeah," Wyatt states. "Well, at least I have some good people in the stands."

"Really?" Melinda states grinning while Clark just shakes his head.

"Well, I am just being supportive of my friend since I can't join the team," Clark defends himself.

"Mhmm," Chris inputs laughing.

"Hey, lay off of Clark," Wyatt defends Clark.

"Aww," Chris teased. "You defending Clark how sweet."

Clark and Wyatt just shake their head. "Ignore them," Wyatt whispers to Clark.

"I intend to," Clark deadpans.

Soon enough everyone is done with the food and clear the table. Wyatt decides to take Clark to his room to chill out.

"Nice room," Clark states as he enters Wyatt's and Chris's room.

"Thanks," Wyatt replies. "I share a room with Chris. Which can be a pain but also cool."

"I bet," Clark begins. "So I have questions about what you do."

"I have answers," Wyatt replies. "Ask away."

"So you say you use your powers for demons and such. Why can't you use for other things like world peace and end world hunger?"

Wyatt sighs. "My uncle Henry wonder the same thing when Aunt Paige told him she was a witch. The thing is we can't help everyone in the world with our powers. It is what it is. I wish I can but it doesn't work that way. Another thing to keep in mind is that in the Wiccan world, Wicca powers have rules that we have to abide by. For example, we cannot use our powers for personal gain. Second, we cannot use our powers to punish the guilty people. If we use it on criminals, that is using my powers as punishment. We don't want a repeat of what happened in the other future.
"What you talking about?" Clark asks.
"Mom taught us about not using our powers for punishment, only use it to protect the innocent because of what happened to Aunt Phoebe.
"What happened to her?" Clark asks.
"She was burned at the stake for using her powers to punish the guy that killed her boyfriend."
"You joking?" Clark states surprised. 
"Nope, it actually happened. You can ask her."
"How is she still here?" Clark asks.
"Well, my aunts and mom went to the future to see why she's  on trial. Since she saw that she was on trial for murder. During that time in the future, they learn she uses her power for punishing people which by the way lead to the modern day witch trial.  She then got burned at the stake, which then brought them back to their present day. They then take that as a warning not to use their powers to punish the guilty and ingrained that in us. From that moment on, we only use them to protect the innocent people nothing else. Also, we and the demons try to keep our magical world separate from the human world.  That is why when we vanquish demons, they disappear."

Clark sighs. He gets up and walks over to where Wyatt is sitting. He touches Wyatt's arm. "I know. I have seen what you do and so proud of you for it. Sorry if it feels like I am questioning it."

Wyatt smile and Clark smiles back.

"No, it's all good. No need to be sorry."

"You sure?" Clark asks.

"Yeah," Wyatt replies grinning.

They make eye contact for a while and Wyatt notice Clark lick his lips a bit.

"Uhh, it's getting late. See Friday for the game?

"Sure," Wyatt replies as he watches Clark leaves his room and head downstairs.

Wyatt sighs as he decides to get in some reading for some of his classes before heading to bed.