chapter one

Harry

I truly did enjoy the sun on my skin. Not only could I absorb its energy like that of plants, but it made me feel nice and warm in this cold weather. It was just the beginning of winter, and although the sun was shining, the cold weather was still present.

It was a nice normal day. We hadn't been pinged in for any crimes and I was quite enjoying myself as I walked down the crowded streets of Jump City. I was greeted by a few people who recognized me as they walked past, smiling at them and waving back.

I was pretty known in this city, as well as my three best friends. We were called The Elites, used to be the Elite Five, but.. something happened and things changed. If you don't know this now, a huge chemical explosion happened years back, killing hundreds of people, while also giving several others these super human abilities.

While some use their powers for good, like my friends and I do, other use them for evil and that's what we're here for. To protect our city and bring peace to our people. When there's trouble, you know who to call, the Elite. We've been a team ever since that explosion happened, it's what brought us together.

Forming something good out of something bad. We may all have different abilities, but together we are stronger. After all we have been through, we've become closer. We always have each other's backs no matter what.

Friends never turn their backs on one another.

At least least that's how it's supposed to be..

I sigh as I walk aimlessly, not really knowing where I was going. I just needed to take a walk and clear my mind. A lot has happened over the past two years. Everyone has moved on, but I'm still stuck on it. I didn't know if I'd ever move on, if I'd ever be able to come back from it.

But I had to try.

I am pulled from my thoughts when I hear my communicator go off and the voice of my leader, also known as Liam speaking. Liam is the leader of our group. He became the leader after.. someone else left the group a few years ago. He's a great one, always looking out for us and playing it safe.

We kinda had this thing going on between us, but it wasn't anything serious. I just wasn't ready to jump into another relationship. I was still hung up on my last one... I didn't want to be, I shouldn't be. But I was and I couldn't help it.

"Elite, do you copy?" He says.

"Yes." I replied, along with the other guys.

"What's happening, Liam?" Louis asks from the other line. We listen.

"There's a robbery, downtown at the bank of Pérez, get there asap." Liam demands, before cutting the line. I nod and put my communicator away. Then I press the tiny button on my wristband allowing my hero costume to shoot onto my body. Some type of technology that Niall came up with to help us change quickly when we get called in.

I was near downtown, so I start to sprint down the street, dodging all of the people. I find an empty alley way and scale the wall between two buildings that are close together until I'm on top. I can see up ahead, smoke coming from the location as I parkour across every roof top until I'm present.

Once I'm there, I spot Niall coming up out of the ground, and Louis is right beside him in a split second. I run and jump off the building, landing next to them on my feet. Then Liam is here as well, hovering over us. We're all on guard, watching people scream and run, taking cover. There's a car out front that's on fire crashed into a light pole, which was what's causing the smoke to rise up. Liam gives us a look.