chapter forty eight

Harry

I dreaded going back to the tower. After having not come back the other night, I knew they must be pretty upset, especially Liam. He definitely told the others of what happened and I'm sure they weren't pleased to hear it and even more unpleased with me not coming back home for nearly two days. But tonight, I decided that I need to go back. I couldn't run from my problem, I had to face it and explain myself. After all, they are my best and only friends, they deserved an explanation, but at the same time I too deserved an explanation as to why they kept the fact that Zayn could've been dead and they had something to do with it.

Even though he was still the enemy and I had worked hard on moving on, that doesn't mean I wouldn't wanna know or that I wouldn't care. You don't just blink and automatically not care about someone you used to love, because if that's the case than maybe you never loved them at all. All I know is that I was preparing heavily to get an earful when I got there, and that I would also speak my mind. After the talk with Zayn last night and confirming we were together again, I didn't want to just leave back home. I just wanted to stay with him the whole day which is exactly what I did. We didn't do much, mostly just walked around town, talked, and maybe kissed a little- or a lot. I also met Zayn's new friends who he now shared this really amazing looking house together on the far side of the city.

 I also met Zayn's new friends who he now shared this really amazing looking house together on the far side of the city

They were nice and apparently, they were the reason Zayn survived that fall he took off the tower. Zayn has told me they found him washed up near the rocks unconscious and barely breathing. Tides would've tugged him to sea and drowned him if they didn't get to him fast enough. They patched him up and medicated him and when he awoke they said he was completely out of it and barely knew who he was. It had saddened me to hear that. He's been under someone else's control for so long he nearly forgot who he truly was, he almost lost his own identity. But he broke free, and he was himself again, healing steadily. It made me so happy that he was back and he was better. He was Zayn, the Zayn that I knew and loved.

Before I went back home, Zayn and I decided to take a walk on the beach. Hand in hand we stroll down the beach barefoot, letting the water wet our feet. Sun had gone down and the moon up, dimly lighting the sky, its' reflection could be seen on the water. There is a comfortable silence between us as we walk slowly, getting closer and closer to our stopping point. The stars twinkle in the sky, so beautiful and bright, making the mood even more light hearted and sentimental. These are the things I missed, the feeling I craved. I felt it could only be felt with Zayn. Once we reached where we were going, Zayn tightens his hold on my hand slightly, turning to face me.

"Do you have to go now?" He asked. I smile lightly, nodding.

"As much as I'd love to stay and spend more time with you, I've really gotta go talk to the guys. They need to know what's going on." I tell him. Zayn sighs, nodding in understanding. We pull our shoes back on that we had left here lying in the sand, and as I stood back up I am pulled into Zayn's hard chest. His hands cup my cheeks forcing me to look into his eyes. My heart never fails to skip a beat whenever I do. Slowly he leans in and presses our lips together. I couldn't help but grin widely against his lips as he begins to move his. His hands go around my waist whilst mine reach into his hair, softly fondling with the strands. We kiss for way feels like decades before reluctantly drawing back from one another. Zayn smiles down at me, stroking my cheek gently.