chapter four

Harry

I couldn't believe my eyes. I didn't know if I were dreaming or if this was real. If he was really here, standing just a few feet away. The one and only Zayn Malik. The same Zayn that used to fight along side us, not against us. The same Zayn we used to know as our trustworthy leader, a friend.

The same Zayn I fell in love with.

My heart is racing and my head was spinning. Tears were building up in my eyes. My body is trembling and I don't know what to do, how to react. I stand there frozen, and it feels like my heart is breaking all over again. Just seeing him brings back so many memories, so much pain. My chest grows heavy.

I retract my balls of energy making them diminish from my hands, completely letting my guard down. I cup my hand over my mouth in shock, as my vision is half blurred by tears. I watch as Zayn stands there, his over grown hair slightly falling over his face. He has a little stubble grown on his face but not too much, and he looks just as handsome as he did before he left.

I shouldn't be thinking that, but I couldn't help myself. I had to stop myself from completely breaking down and sobbing right where I stood. I couldn't even see the other's faces but I'm sure they're just as shocked as I am. But it hurt me more to see him, after all this time. After so many months spent trying to get over him, he comes back and turns it all around.

"Z-Zayn." I breathed, wanting nothing more but to run over to him. But I knew I couldn't.

"You. What the fuck are you doing back here?" Liam growls furiously. I finally realize who this is standing in front of us, and take in all the angered looks on my partner's faces. They were pissed as they stared down their former teammate. Former best friend. Zayn's face stays straight, serious and void of emotions as he eyes Liam. A flicker of fire sparks in his hands. As he speaks, his voice is deeper than it I remember it, and has this dark tone to it.

"I don't need a reason to be here." He says, then takes another step forward, "And I really don't feel like playing games with you."

"We aren't going anywhere until you stop what you're doing." Liam says.

"Then, I guess we'll be here all night because I don't take orders from those inferior to me." Zayn replies. His eyes glow electric blue and the fire in his hands grow bigger. I couldn't do this, I couldn't let this happen. I didn't want to fight him, I couldn't fight him. Not again. It was too much. As he was about to strike, I run forward and scream.

"Zayn, stop please! You don't have to do this!" I plead.

His head snaps in my direction at the sound of my voice, and for a split second his eyes change back to his normal soft brown color. At that moment, I thought I had him. I thought I made him come to his senses. I prayed I had. But I was wrong, and I watch as his eyes light back up again. He growls angrily at me, before thrusting his fist out, shooting a large fiery sphere right at me.

My eyes widen as I watch the flame barrel straight towards me, not finding the strength to move out of the way. Louis, using his super speed flashes over and tackles me of the path of the flame seconds before it hits me directly in the face. I sob loudly as I hit the ground, covering my face.

"Harry, what the hell?!" Louis exclaims. I don't reply, keeping my face hidden behind my hands as tears roll down my cheeks. I couldn't believe this was happening again. I can't believe he'd actually tried to hurt me.

This was the same man who once always told me he'd never dream of hurting me and here he was yet again, doing the exact opposite.