chapter twenty seven

Harry

If was extremely nice out today. We always had nice summers here and it was always great to spend a lot of time outside. So, while I still had time I decide to take a jog. I haven't taken one in a while and since the sun was beaming just right at this time, I thought why not? I pull on some jogging clothes which were still fit for the summer as well. After I get dressed, I throw my hair in a messy bun and grab my phone and communicator.

Exiting my room, I make my way down stairs to the kitchen. I open the fridge and get a bottle of water, taking the cap off and taking a large gulp. I place the cap back on and put it back in the fridge, closing the door. I exit the kitchen to see Louis and Liam playing video games on the tv, yelling profanities at one another. I watch them for a good minute, shaking my head at their competitive behavior. I walk up behind the couch leaning over it to plant a kiss on Liam's cheek, telling him that I was about to go for a jog and that I'd be back in later.

He merely nods his head, mumbling a reply as his eyes stay glued to the tv. I roll my eyes and wave him off as I leave the tower. I walk until I reach the town before I actually start to run. I don't take the usual route that I do, instead I just go wherever my feet take me. Which ends up being through back streets, hidden shortcuts I had never knew of until now. I find myself back in the heart of the city, running past cafes and shops. Like usual, a few people who aren't occupied by other things notice me and share a small wave or greeting which I return.

I end up going in a full circle and decide to take a break. So, I start to walk down the not so busy sidewalk. A lot of people most likely went out of town for vacations or sight seeing for the summer, which explains why it isn't very crowded here most of the time. It was quite nice to have a clear walk way and not have to worry about bumping into everyone and constantly saying excuse me. Some people were hanging around at the shops and there was very light traffic. I slide my hands into the pockets of my sweats smiling lightly as the sun beamed down on me. It was truly a nice feeling.

As much as I was enjoying the sun and minding my own business, someone else had other plans in mind. I feel a firm grip on my forearm and before I know it I'm being pulled into a shaded alley way. I could barely manage a word as I get pressed against a solid brick wall, a hand over my mouth keeping me from making any type of noise. I barely look at the person as I'm reacting quickly and my knee is jabbing right into their stomach with full force sending them backwards. I hold my hands out, a beam of light ready to blast whoever this person was and thought it was okay to snatch me up.

They grunt, holding their stomach regaining themselves after a few moments. Theirs a hood over their head and something that looks to be a scarf or face mask covering most of their face only the eyes could be seen. But through the shaded area I could barely tell who. Judging by the strong grip they had on me, I'm assuming it's a guy. Plus, I could tell from here they had a flat chest and their structure was definitely on the masculine side. As he began to take a step forward, my light turns brighter ready to shoot.

"Don't come any closer." I warn. He stops and holds his hands up in surrender.

"Don't shoot please, Harry." I hear him faintly say underneath the scarf covering his mouth. My stomach twists in knots at the sound of name.

"How do you know my name?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at them. Just as I ask that question he takes another step forward causing me to strike. A stray beam of energy goes barreling at them. However, I was amazed to see how quickly they were to dodge it. Their skills were flawless, which only made me even more cautious of this person. I shoot again and again trying to hit my target, he just keeps dodging out of the way with all types of flips and maneuvers like a proper ninja. He finally stops after the last ray shoots past him. Quickly, he pulls down his scarf and takes off the hood of his jacket.

I nearly die of a heart attack right where I stood.

"Harry stop, it's me!" He pleads.

It was him, the he who shall not be named. The same person who took my life and flipped it upside down without a second thought. The one who's jabbed his knife in my heart over and over again and had no intentions on stopping until I didn't have a heart left in my body. The one I haven't thought about in months and wanted to continue not to think about because he made me feel crazy and mentally unstable. He had disappeared once again without a trace, and again showing up when I least expect it and at the worse times possible. He was the one who first had the honor or holding the key to my heart. Zayn.

My eyes nearly fall out of my head and my jaw hangs loosely. I didn't know if my heart began to face because it was somewhat happy or because it feared seeing him at the moment. All I know is that my mind blanked out for a few seconds before it came back online. All I could think was, why? Why was he here again? Why did he need to come back? I was finally getting- no, I was finally over him. What gives him the right to step back in plain sight of my life just when everything was getting better for me? Why does this keep happening to me? It's like can't escape him, no matter how hard I really try. He keeps coming back.

I try so hard but I keep falling back to square one.

I find my energy starting to flicker in my hands as they start to diminish as I lose focus momentarily. But when I see him take a step closer, they strengthen back up and I aim directly at him. My hands were shaking and my throat felt like it might close up. "N-no, you stay away from me."

"I'm not gonna hurt you." He says calmly as he keeps his hands raised as a sign that he was not wanting to fight or cause trouble. But just his presence was trouble, and it meant bigger problems for not just me but for everyone else back home. Especially Liam. He would shit himself if he even had any knowledge of me being anywhere near Zayn. After all we've discussed and promised one another. No more of this drama, no more Zayn. And I kept that promise, but now what? Here he was again standing just feet away from me. What do I do? "I just want to talk.." He says his voice softer than I was starting to get used to. He didn't sound sick or dark like he had before when he spoke. He sounds just like the old Zayn.. but I didn't know to trust that or not.

Should I let him talk or should I run away? There were so many things I could have done at this point. Call for back up, turn Zayn in for the crimes he committed, or I could stay and listen to him explain himself, or maybe if I were the old me, I could race towards him and jump right into his arms like it was a safe haven that awaited me. I stood with my feet planted firmly on the ground, conflicted on what to do, when all I could really manage was staring and refraining myself from using all of my energy trying to hit a target I was bound to miss. I could scream at him and tell him how horrible of a person he is, and how dare he show his face here again. Or I could just walk away and forget about it all like it was just a dream.

I didn't know what to do. I was frozen.

The more I stand here thinking, the closer he gets and the weaker my arms feel. They drop at my sides as I could no longer hold up my defense. I see his figure drawing closer and closer, making my heart beat a million times per minute. I start to feel sick, a twisting and turning in my stomach. My eyes can barely focus on him anymore as my vision has become obscured. I can faintly hear him talking as he steps closer, and nearly sends my body into a frenzy when a feel his fingers touch my arm in the slightest. What was happening to me? This had to be a dream right? Or was it a nightmare?

But then I feel him gently grip my arm and his voice calling my name. It had to be real right?

"Harry?"

I would never know because seconds after, everything went black.

~