chapter forty one

Harry

Over the next couple of days have been a huge pain. Ever since I 'broke up' with Liam, he has been non stop trying to reason with me. Apologizing over and over again, asking for a do over, constantly pestering me. By the end of the week it's gotten so ridiculous I was pulling my hair out. It was just so frustrating and annoying. Why couldn't he just leave me alone? He can't try to keep us together when I don't wanna be. Why can't he accept the fact that I don't wanna be with him anymore?

He was making this harder than it had to be. He's stressing me out especially, I wanted this to be over with, I didn't want to talk about it any longer. Was it usually this hard to break up with someone or had I just done it wrong? Like I do everything else? I shake my head, groaning. I need to stop thinking like that. I couldn't keep thinking that I was messing everything up because of my own actions. Things just happen and sometimes I couldn't control it. Some things just aren't meant to be and people need to start realizing that a little more.

I was surprised I was able to escape his grasp and get out of the tower before he got a hold of me. By the time I was able to do that is nearing the evening time, around eight. Liam had been bothering me all day, I needed space, as much space I could get. Niall and Louis had been confused towards our behavior, but soon learned why when I told them that I had broken things off with Liam. They seemed so surprised which confuses me. Does anyone in that tower even pay attention? Could no one tell how unhappy I was with him? I mean, it's not like I was in love with him, despite how long it's been. But I guess they were too caught up in their own romance to take a really good look. It's whatever I guess, I can't blame them can I?

Plus, I had someone to talk to now. Someone to really talk to. Not just open my mouth and not have my words be heard and receive the same answers. But ears that would actually listen and understand and talk to me from the heart. And eyes that could see what was really going on, instead of over looking it every time. Don't get me wrong, I love my friends too death, but I just wished they'd take more notice in the things happening around them.

I quietly made my way around to the ocean line that was furthest away from the tower, where Zayn and I usually meet. I had no idea how he did it, but he was able to tell whenever I was there and automatically showed up on his own. We really had no other way of contacting one another, but we always seemed to have these regular meet ups like it was nothing. Although it would be a lot nicer if we could communicate while we went here, together. I was a little nervous to see him again after what took place last time. I still couldn't get it out of my head, and it made me wonder what would happen the next time I saw him. But, I guess I would have to find out when he got here. So, I sat down on the sand and crossed my arms, waiting anxiously.

Not even twenty minutes later, he appears.

He squats down right in front of me, looking at me with testy eyes. His eyes looked a bit closer to hazel in the sunlight and his perfectly tanned skin was glistening. Instead of wearing that hot looking sweatshirt he wore, he was wearing a black tank top with a viper printed on the front, showing off his defined muscles and tattoos that I nearly forgot he owned since he always has his arms covered. He stares at me for quite a long time with this serious look on his face which only adds to my nervousness. I begin to blush slightly with his intense gaze. What was he doing?

"Um, Zayn?" I asked, trying to get his attention. He shakes his head, blinking a few times as if he's snapping himself back to reality. "Are you okay?"

"Oh, sorry. I was just admiring your beauty." He says. I blush even harder as my eyes widen slightly.

"Oh." I mumbled. Zayn smiles and finally sits down, crossing his legs as well. Our legs and knees were touching and there was barely any distance between us. I chew on my lip, taking a deep breath to relax my tense body. "I see you aren't wearing your hoodie." I point out.