chapter twenty two

Niall

Once Zayn was finally out, we rushed back over to Liam who was no longer standing, but was kneeled down on his knees. He was breathing heavily obviously out of breath, his muscles were tense, and he was cringing slightly letting us know that he was in pain. We'd never seen him this bad off after a fight, he's usually the strongest of us and put his best effort forward. But, now he just looked defeated. With Liam's state, I was surprised Louis and I were able to take out Zayn.

Zayn was incredibly stronger as we all knew, and he had no problem fighting all four of us before, but then it only took two of us now? Maybe it was because the change in strategy we used, instead of working separately Louis and I came together and maybe that's all it took. I turned quickly to make sure Zayn was still down, before I turned my attention back to Liam. Louis gently rested a hand on Liam's shoulder so that he wouldn't hurt him, and just as he was about to open his mouth to speak, Liam roughly shrugs his hand away.

"Liam-"

"Why didn't you listen to me?" Liam hissed angrily. Louis and I were taken aback by his grumpiness. I frowned as I eyed him.

"Liam, we just wanted to help-"

"I told you I had it! When I tell you something, you listen, I'm the leader I call the shots!" Liam growls. Louis backs away in defense. I shake my head, wondering why the sudden need for him to act like he was independent or something. He didn't have three other teammates for nothing, did he?

"What's your problem? We just saved your ass." I say glaring at him. Liam gives me the same look, this time lifting himself up off the ground.

"Want a reward?" He hisses before he storms away, entering the half functioning roof door, slamming it behind him and finished breaking it. I glare, mentally cursing him since I was the one who had to fix all of this crap. I honestly didn't know what his problem was. So what we helped him? Did he expect us to just stand by and watch as he got tossed around like a bean bag? Yeah, that would make us great friends wouldn't it?

"Okay, apparently Liam has a stick up his ass, but never mind that we need to help handicap over there." Louis mumbles, motioning to Harry who was still immobile on the ground. Which brings me to the question, how the hell did he get paralyzed? It was obviously whatever substance was injected into him, but how did he even let them that close enough to get him so easily? I rolled my eyes when I remembered who we were dealing with. Harry was always distracted when it came to Zayn, so of course he didn't see that coming and for himself stuck like that. Sometimes, it became a little irritating that Harry just couldn't let it go.

I can understand he was in love with the lad once, but hell if Louis turned into this much of a jack ass, even I would have sense enough to actually try to fight back instead of letting the past get to me. Harry was seriously starting to fall off the deep end and not only was it affecting him, it was affecting all of us. How could we fight as a team against one of our greatest forces if one of us was holding back? How could we fight at all if someone else back all the time? The whole point of being a super hero was to take out the bad guys and the criminals, not mope around because someone got their feelings hurt a long time ago. I know I sound kind of harsh, but it was the truth and it was truly pathetic to see him fail himself and the team.

Louis bends down quickly picking up Harry's limp body. While he holds the top half, I grab the lower half and we quietly make our way inside. No words between Louis and I needed to be exchanged because we already knew. Once we get Harry into the infirmary, he we lie him down on the bed facing up. I back away and shake my head, running my hand through my hair. Louis looks through the cabinets and draws in search of something, before pulling out some type of liquid which I can only guess is a neutralizing remedy.

He puts some into a clean syringe before he injects it into Harry's neck.

"It's neutralizer, you'll be fine in no time." He says.

"Yeah and once you are able to talk and explain to us what the hell happened, then we need to talk." Although he was paralyzed, I could still see the worry and guilt in his ears at my statement. Louis looks at me and shakes his head, but I turn away. "No Lou, this is getting ridiculous, everyone's fighting their ass off and he's just lying on the ground taking a break." I scoff.

"Ni, he was paralyzed." Louis explains as if that wasn't already obvious.

"Yes, darling. But he wouldn't be paralyzed if he'd been paying attention to his surroundings. One of the most important rules of combat, never take your eyes off your enemies." I sighed, walking out of the room. I hear Louis following behind me, before he grabs my wrist and stops me. I turn to face him, sighing as I cross my arms.

"Look, don't be mad. I know he's a little frustrating." Louis tells me.

"That's an understatement." I mumbled. Louis grabs both my hands, holding them firmly in his.

"We'll all talk once he's able to move again, let's just go check on Zayn. We sorta left a criminal on top of our roof, unsupervised." Louis says. I nod and follow him back up to the roof. Liam was already there, standing near the edge of the tower. I look around and Zayn is nowhere to be found, neither are his men. I frown as we make our way over to him wondering if they were gone before he came back or if he did something with them.

"Liam? What happened to Zayn? Where is he?" I asked. Liam mumbled something as he overlooked the view from the tower. "What?"

"I threw him off the roof." He says. My eyes widen.

"Wait what? Wasn't he still unconscious?" I asked. Liam nods as he looks down where he supposedly disposed of Zayn somewhere. My eyes nearly pop out of me brain. There's no way Zayn could've survived if he was still unconscious. He'd have fallen to his death, dying instantly on impact to the ground or drown in the water below. I know Zayn was the enemy but even then, we never resorted into killing our enemies. Yes, taking them out and locking them away, but murder? "Liam... what?"

"Is he..?" Louis hesitated. Liam shrugs.

"I don't know, maybe?" He replies. Louis swears under his breath and Liam shrugs his shoulders again. "Who cares if he is? He's been nothing but hell for us, he's obviously losing his mind and it was only a matter of time before he ended up in a ditch somewhere."

"But we never...kill our enemies Liam. That's not who we are." Louis says. Liam glares at him.

"That's not who you are, Louis." He says, roughly pointing at his chest before he brushes past both of us. and storms back into the tower. "Maybe, it's better this way." He adds before he disappears through the door way. All Louis and I could do was stand and stare at one another with a knowing look. I had already known what he was thinking as I assume he did as well.

How's Harry going to react?

~