chapter three

Harry

We were all still on edge about what happened the other day. We'd never felt so powerful against just one opponent. He took us down all on his own, no help. The guys spent more of their time trying to track the group down, but so far they had no leads and it had everyone is a sour mode.

We had lost.

It's been a while since we'd ever lost a fight. Especially only up against one person. It was strange. We had never seen whoever that was around before. Usually the criminals we went up against were weak, immature and didn't fully understand how to control their powers. This person, he knew exactly what he was doing and handled us so well it made me wonder.

Did he somehow know us?

He had to have known us somehow if he could beat us so easily. Maybe we were being watched all this time, maybe he studied us and learned our techniques. That's possible. I didn't want to overthink it too much anyways, it was probably just another random super human misusing their abilities. We'd find him and take out down like we always did.

Unlike me, everyone else was on edge. Liam spent most of his time in the lab trying to find out whoever that was, while Niall and Louis were a little discouraged about the loss we took. I kept a a slightly positive attitude. Although I did feel a little disappointed about not defeating them. They got away with stealing something that probably costed that company millions. We have to find a way to get it back and return it in good shape.

For now, there wasn't really anything any of us could do until the time came again. So for now, I just tried not to worry so much. I still had this weird feeling about it though, but I guess I'd push that feeling down at the moment. We can't keep dwelling on it or we'll never figure out how to deal with it. Which was very hypocritical of me to say since I've been dwelling on plenty of things.

I just have a way of keeping it to myself, but deep down I know, they know.

It was a cloudy gloomy day today. It's been raining on and off, the skies are gray and everyone's mood seem to be affected by it. Not even Louis, the goofiest person I know is being himself. He's just been lazing around the tower, flipping through the television channels or staring at the screen of his phone.

Niall is the same, his face buried in his laptop probably trying to put together a blue print for some more of his technology. Occasionally they'd talk to one another, or kiss, even in the mood they're in always staying affectionate to one another. I was happy to see the two of them happy, but also slightly envious that they had something so amazing. Something I couldn't have. Or maybe I could if I'd just let Liam in.

I was always too hesitant to take the next step. I didn't know if it would be right for us to be together, if it were even meant to be.

I trudge over to the elevator, clicking the button to take me up to the second floor where all our rooms are located before trudging into mine, using the fingerprint recognition to get inside. The sliding doors open and close behind me. I walk over to my book case, grabbing the book that Louis hid from me the other day and went over to my bed, lying on my back.

I open it up to the page I placed my new bookmark in and begin to read where I left off. A book called Bound, very mysterious and intriguing, not to mention romantic. It was perfect, it kind of reminded me of beauty and the beast. The main character Kira, was falling in love with a beast, Octavian. That's when you can call it true love, looking past someone's flaws and loving them for who they are, not what they are.

She was me in more ways than I knew.

I read and read, until my eyes started to grow tired and my imagine wild. I smile weakly, my eyes dropping closed. As sleep takes over me, my dreams are filled with imagines of a perfect love that no longer exists in my world.