chapter forty seven

Niall

The night had passed by painfully slow, and I still couldn't register in my brain what was happening. Liam had come home pretty upset and pissed off last night, he had explained everything to Louis and I. I was appalled but at the same time confused. I didn't know if this was real or if Liam was just seeing things, but he told us that Harry had been sneaking around behind our backs with the enemy. Zayn. Though, I was so certain that Zayn didn't survive that fall off the tower a couple months ago. So, how could he be seeing Zayn if Zayn is dead exactly? Or perhaps he did survive and found his way back to Harry.

If that's true, why would Harry not tell us? Zayn isn't exactly friendly. Just months ago he tried to take Harry's face off with a single blow. So why would Harry be seeing him? Or even be associated him? I didn't exactly know the whole story, and I didn't even know if the story was true. But it made me wonder a lot about it when Harry never came home last night. Where did he even go? It was midday and still no sign of him. I hope he wasn't going to try and avoid this, he had to come back eventually. He had to talk to us and tell us the truth about what was going on, what he was hiding. This isn't something you keep from your friends.

For now, I just decided to relax and wait it out. We had all but a little on edge today, especially Liam. He didn't speak to neither of us all day, and he was either locked in his office or pacing furiously through the lounge mumbling to himself. It was quite unsettling to watch him be so antsy. Louis and I kept our distance, not wanting Liam to lose his temper which he always does when someone bothers him at a time like this. So, we ended up in Louis' room bored out of our minds. Strangely, we'd gotten no alerts today and it was quite cloudy outside as a storm rolled in. It was so gloomy, the weather matching the atmosphere in the tower which only made it worse.

I was laying flat in my stomach on the edge of Louis' bed with my arms hanging off the foot of the bed, while Louis sat in his desk chair, spinning around. His tv played a movie we had both been watching but got too catch up in ourselves to pay much attention anymore. I sigh loudly and flip over on the bed, pulling my arms behind my head for support. "When do you think he's coming back?" I ask Louis as I look up to the ceiling. I hear Louis shift slightly in his chair.

"When he gets the balls to explain what the hell is going on." Louis answers irritably. I release another sigh and sit up, turning around to face Louis staring at him for a couple seconds.

"You don't actually believe it do you?"

Louis shrugs, "We all know how hung up Harry is over Zayn, it wouldn't surprise me if he went over to the dark side."

"What makes you think he's like Zayn now?" I asked.

"You're kidding me right?" Louis asked, giving me a look. I smack my teeth and look away.

"C'mon Lou, we both know Harry isn't that desperate. He's a good person with a heart of gold. You should especially know that, you're closer to him than I am. You two are like two peas in a pot." I explain. Louis sighs deeply, running a hand through his hair.

"I don't know Ni. I mean, you just never know someone. We thought we knew Zayn, and look how that turned out." He says. I look down to my lap in thought. He was right. You never really know who your true friends are. I bit my lip in deep thought. "But whatever, can we talk about something else?" Louis asks. I could tell he was really put off by the situation, so I decided to give it a rest and drop it. Talking about it only makes you worry more. We needed to lighten up a bit, I hated being this way.

"How about we find a good game to play?" I piped up. Louis looks up and gives me a look that I know very well. I put a finger up, shaking my head. "And no, I do not mean sex." He playfully pouts and I roll my eyes climbing off the bed and walking over to Louis' game closet. Yes, Louis has a game closet, where he keeps all of his board games, video games, card games and many more. I open it, looking through all the games to see which one to play at a time like this. I smiled when I found a perfect me, I pulled it out and showed it to Louis. "Just dance."

"Really? Just Dance?" Louis asked. I nod.

"Yeah, why not?" Louis jumps up out of his chair, walking over to me and taking the case from me, smirking.

"You're on."

~

Unknown

The day was nearing for when we'd take this plan into action, but first a few things needed to be done before anything could be done. We were getting so much closer to taking over this entire city. A lot of other things and people needed to be dealt with beforehand. I was itching to make myself be known, I've spent too long in the shadows, mediocre.

It was time for me to make an appearance and gain the upmost power that I deserve. Nobody would be able to stop me.

But most of all, nobody would see their end coming.

~