chapter eight

Harry

I enter the tower, wanting to be discreet but when there is a voice activated system that lets everyone know someone is entering the tower, that's nearly impossible. I slowly, enter the lobby making sure nothing was going on before I actually walk in. I pull my hood over my head and tighten the strings so that no one can really see the bruises around my neck.

No one is there thankfully. I will probably be able to make it to my room before anybody sees me and starts questioning me. I keep my head down and arms crossed over my stomach as I make my towards the elevator and get on, heading straight up to my room. I make it there safely and pull my hood off, and sit down on the edge of my bed.

I suddenly wish my room wasn't so bright. I had now wished it were darker, like the emptiness and sadness filling my hollowed out heart.

I put my face in my hands, trying to stop myself. I've done so much crying over him already, he's barely been back two weeks and I've already cried so much more. The affect he had over me was so overwhelming. He could literally make me feel any emotion whenever he was around, whether it be happiness, sadness, or anger. It sucked that my emotions were so unstable when it came to him.

If it had been anyone else, it wouldn't be this bad. But with Zayn, it was terrible. Everything that had to do with him was. He had the ability to make me submit under his powerful words. It shouldn't be this way, I shouldn't feel so weak and vulnerable, but I do and I can't bring myself to stop. Zayn has me right in the palm of his hands, and I needed to break free from it otherwise it could be the beginning of my downfall.

I sniffle slightly, sliding off my bed and sluggishly walking into my connecting bathroom. I walk to stand in front of the mirror, making my shirt over and tilting my head to see what was left behind. I bite my lip harshly, seeing Zayn's fingerprints prominent on my neck. I feel emotional all over again, brushing my finger over the bruise and flinching at how tender and sore it was.

To me the bruise wasn't what made me sad, it was the fact that Zayn is the one who put it there that hurt me the most.

I was cut from emotional state, when I hear my phone start to blare loudly from my pocket. It startles me slightly, but I quickly grab it, looking at the screen to see that Liam is trying to face chat me. I sniffle, quickly wiping my eyes and trying not to seem like I was just crying. I breath out, before answering the call. A few seconds later Liam's face pops up on the screen, he doesn't look too happy.

Great, what did I do now?

"Harry! Where have you been? We've all been trying to contact you." He says.

"I- I'm sorry, what's going on?" I asked, keeping my voice low and soft so he can't hear the croaky tone to it.

"We had a mission and you were not present Harry. Where have you been? Why haven't you answered your communicator?" He asked.

Because it's now broken into pieces, I wanted to say, but I couldn't possibly tell him that because then the questions would start to pile up. "I- left it here by accident. I just got back, I-I went for a run." I murmur.

Liam sighs, "Harry, you have to remember to take it with you everywhere, you never know when we might need you." He says.

I suck on my bottom lip briefly, "I know, I'm sorry." I whisper, sadly.

Liam shakes his head, "Don't worry about it, we handled it. We're headed back. See you then."

"Okay.."

He ends the call.

I let out a loud sigh, tugging at my hair. I felt worse than I already had. I wasn't there for my team, even if it was just a small mission, we are a team, we fight together. Never one without the other, that's how we did things. And what makes it worse is that I lied to his face about what really happened. I was never supposed to lie to my team about things like that, especially our own leader.

I let out a frustrated groan about today's events, wishing I could turn back the clock and had never left my bed in the first place. I exit the bathroom back into my room, kicking off my shoes. I lie down, bringing my knees up and curling into a little ball in the middle of my bed, squeezing my eyes shut. I needed to sleep, sleep was the only thing I think to do. Only thing I wanted to do, so I wouldn't have to spend so much time thinking about how messed up things are becoming.

But it never came.

~

Soon after only a few minutes of lying in my bed feeling terrible, I hear the front door alert. I sigh, sitting up and pushing my hair back. I just know Liam might want to talk, or the others as well. I quickly get off my bed and sluggishly walk over to the door of my room, exiting. I get back on the elevator and make it to the bottom floor where everyone else is resided.

I bite my lip, quietly walking into the kitchen, standing near the door. I hear the guys quietly talking amongst themselves. When I peek around the corner, I only see Niall and Louis though, which means Liam probably went back up to the study or room. Although he did spend most of his time there, so focused on crimes all around the city and which ones we were needed at.

I sigh, turning around about to head back up to my room. But when I do, I ran into a hard chest. I squeal softly, looking up.

"Liam."

"Looking for me?" He asks. I step back slightly, turning my head away so he doesn't see anything.

"Uh- yeah I.. I thought that maybe you'd wanna talk.." I mumble.

"No Harry, I already told you not to worry about it. It was just a mistake." Liam says softly. I nod.

"Oh okay, then I guess I'll go." I say, beginning to walk around him. He stops me, grabbing my hand and pulling me back. I keep my head tilted and down facing, trying to ignore the feeling of his eyes on me.

"Harry, are you okay?" He asks, concern laced in his voice. I don't look up, but I do give him a little nod and hum.

"I'm fine, no need to worry." I murmur. I feel Liam card his fingers through mine, bringing me closer. I tense up at the closeness slightly, suddenly feeling nervous. I didn't usually mind him being close, we cuddled from time to time, and shared affectionate hugs here and there. But now I felt weird.

Maybe it was the fact that I'd just seen Zayn, had his body this close. And though it was for all the wrong reasons, I had still felt something. Not to mention he left a mark on me that I didn't want anyone to catch wind of.

"You sure? You don't seem it." He replies. I shrug.

"I'm fine Liam." I tell him, wishing he'd take that as my final answer. He sighs deeply, then I feel his hand underneath my chin, lifting. I cross my arms over my shoulders to hide my neck as I am forced to look up at him. He has a frown settled over his lips, his eyes squinted in worry.

"Harry, talk to me." He urges.

"There is nothing to talk about." I say.

"Really? Because it seems like there is."

I pull away, backing up slightly. "Well, there isn't, so please don't pester me." I say, before turning around and walking away.

There was so much to talk about. Liam just wasn't the person I needed to talk to about those matters..

~