chapter thirteen

Liam

It was never easy being the leader. You were expected to be the perfect role model, make huge decisions, and leading your team into the right direction. At least it seemed hard, but for me, it wasn't. I always believed I was a good leader, and I always knew I was great at decision making. I had skill, knowledge, and a sense of strategy. Being a leader was something I was born to do, I felt and I loved it. I always liked to be in charge, I didn't like being told what to do and I didn't like the idea of someone being in charge of me.

Although it wasn't always like this. I had only became the leader of my team after the former one decided to go his own way. Whenever Zayn was apart of us, he was the one we all had to answer to. He was the 'leader' and he called all the shots. But now look where that's gone. Zayn was never cut out to be a leader. He wasn't right for this team and he wasn't right for Harry.. He never was. Which always confuses me as to why Harry had become and still is so attached to him.

He's a bad person, he broke Harry's heart more times than necessary and he just overall screwed everyone over with his actions. I don't understand how he could love someone like that. I don't know why he ever loved him at all. Ever since we formed this group, I'd always had eyes for Harry, but Harry had eyes for only Zayn. I didn't understand why. Maybe it was because Zayn had put on this good guy mask and pretended to be this kind mysterious guy, who cared about the people around him and always stuck up for the ones he loved. Acted as a gentleman, a friend, a boyfriend, and a leader, but really he was none of those things. It was all just for show until his true colors showed.

Harry had the biggest heart eyes for him and it only got worse for me when Zayn confessed his own endearing feelings for Harry. That's how it all started. The star couple of the century. As we became more and more known for protecting our city, they became more and more known as Jump City's most known and popular couple. No one cared about it being two guys, everyone saw right past it and praised them. And I had to live with the fact that Harry loved him and not me, for four years.

Up until the day Zayn shocked us all, leaving his so called friends behind and his heart broken boyfriend.

I wouldn't say that I was happy he was gone, but I could say I was relieved. Yes, I felt bad for the others seeing as to how hurt they were, but no I felt nothing for the fact that he was finally gone. And all I could think about was Harry. Helping Harry get over him, helping him forget, try to get him to move on, but it was nearly impossible. Despite everything that happened I still had those same feelings for him, and I wanted him not to think about Zayn anymore. I wanted him to want me, but all he ever did was mourn over Zayn. It was like that for two years.

Until I finally got him to give me a chance with him. To show him what it really feels like to have someone love him, take care of him, and someone who wouldn't do him wrong in any way. That person was me. I was perfect for Harry, I just needed to get him to see that, but I couldn't do that now that Zayn had returned. Although Harry and I have been growing a lot closer for the past a few weeks, he still has his mind stuck on Zayn. Why? I felt it every time we hugged, shared small kisses, and spent time together. He was hesitant and wary.

Almost as if he didn't want to make any official commitments with me because he was hoping Zayn would come back to him...

Honestly, it angered me how I could still see that small tinge of love in his eyes but not having it be directed at me. I do good to hide how it makes me feel, but I wish he'd stop. I wish he'd just stop loving Zayn so much, stop caring so much. I wish he'd see Zayn as the villain we all saw him as. Because that's what he was now, a villain, a criminal. He was the enemy now. He needed to be destroyed once and for all. Not only for the city itself, but for Harry to finally let go. To just be with me freely, no set backs, and no ex lovers to get in the way of that.

It's been too long, and I'm tired of waiting. I want Harry, and I'll make that happen with or without Zayn in the picture. Things might get a little messy, but who says love is easy?

"Liammmm." I hear someone say, snapping me from my thoughts. I blink slightly, looking down to see Harry looking back at me. He seemed to be in a bit of pain. "Are you okay? You've got a pretty good death grip on my hand." He whispers. I immediately loosen my grip cursing myself. He sighs in relief, bringing his hand over to soothe it.

"I'm so sorry, I spaced out." I admit, before bringing his hand up gently and kissing it. It's enough to get Harry to blush and shoot me a small smile.

"It's okay." He says, causing my smile to widen.

"I'm off the hook just like that?" I asked playfully. Harry smiles weakly.

"It's okay, you didn't mean it."

"Of course not." I say, leaning forward to kiss his forehead. Harry grins and then leans his head against my shoulder. We weren't doing much but sitting around and watching the tv which didn't really have anything on. Niall and Louis went out somewhere and said they'd be back later on. So Harry and I kinda just cuddled up on the sofa and watched boring television shows.

"If there's something bothering you, you can talk to me." Harry says after a few seconds of silence.

Oh, if only you knew.

"No, I'm fine." I tell him. It was a lie obviously. There were many things bothering me and he was one of the main ones, but of course I couldn't tell him that. It'd ruin my progress with him, I just had to be as patient as impatient can be. Look cranes his neck to look up at me with concerned innocent eyes, meeting mine.

"Are you sure about that? You seem distracted." He says. I shake my head and run my hand slowly up and down his hip caressing the area.

"I'm sure. I'm just happy to be here with you." I say, winning at him. He smiles, nodding slowly still seeming unsure but going along with it.

"Good."

I bite my lip before turning my body to face Harry completely. He looks at me weirdly and I grin. "I just thought of the perfect place we could have our first date at." I tell him.

"I thought we had our first date already?" He says. I roll my eyes.

"Second date then." I say. Harry snickers and nods.

"Sweet, where?" I smirk and shake my head.

"It's a surprise." Harry slumps in the couch and I chuckle before gently grabbing both his hands, "But don't worry, you'll absolutely love it." I assure him. He smiles widely.

"Okay."

Trust me Harry, you'll love it so much you might just hate it, I think to myself. It's going to be a walk down memory lane but on a different path with someone else.

~