chapter twenty five

6 months later.

Third Person

To say that things were going great for the Elites was an understatement. Things were going better than great, you could even say it was nearly perfect. Through out the following months they'd been nothing but great. Less drama, more fun. They had even gone on that little vacation they said they would and there they had a blast. Since it fell during the winter, they had went to a ski resort which was definitely just what they needed.

Lovely five star cabins with soft comfy beds, all types of delicious foods they had access to and let's not forget the unlimited amount of hot chocolate they drank. Many talks and fun times near the fire, plenty of pictures taken to remind them of what a good time they'd had, and the amount of ski fails that took place they were bound to look back and laugh on. That vacation was exactly what they needed, because when they returned, they were better than ever. They had their heads in the game like never before.

Back to fighting crimes and saving lives. It was them at their best. Not to mention, Liam and Harry had had loads of bonding time and the relationship between them only grew more and more. As days turned to weeks turned to months, they became so happy with one another. Finally there was no more drama, no more problems, and no more conflict that would put their relationship on hold. But most of all, there was no more Zayn.

After Liam took it into his own hands to do what he did, they hadn't seen or heard from Zayn. Harry had noticed Zayn's absence, but decided to not let it bother him because he was changing to better himself. He didn't want to think about Zayn anymore, Zayn was so problematic and he just wasn't good for Harry's mental state. And for the past these six months, Harry hadn't thought of Zayn. Just focused on his friends, his job, and of course his boyfriend. He was finally feeling free of Zayn and he wasn't hung up over him. He was happy.

The guys decided against telling him what happened to Zayn. Even though Harry was keen on moving on, they still feared his reaction, because whether Harry was over him or not, he'd definitely have something to say about the deed. So for the sake of everyone, they kept it a secret. What Harry didn't know wouldn't hurt him, and it didn't. Harry was in a happy place in his mind, and it couldn't be destroyed. Everything was just perfect, just like Liam had said it would be.

But, would it last?

Summer was here, and this was one of the best seasons for the guys. The warm summer sun, sun shades, ice cream and ice pops, ocean time, and cool summer clothes that could finally be worn. They could already tell it would be an amazing summer, and they were gonna enjoy it until the last warm sunset went by. At the time, the guys were at home relaxing in the tower. The light from the beaming sun shining through the many wide windows of the tower.

Louis was lying face down on the floor body spread over the many pillows were displayed, taking what you'd call a cat nap. While Niall enjoyed an icy lemonade drink with a satisfied look on his face, after he had took time out to draw silly things all over Louis' face while he slept, and took pictures of him. Childish, he knows, but that's what Louis gets for falling asleep on Niall when he wanted time with his boyfriend. He'd look over at him every now and then to snicker at his handy work before switching his eyes back over to the tv.

Meanwhile, Liam and Harry were outside sitting where the piece of land their tower resided met with the water. Liam sat with his legs straight out in front of him, his hands supporting him while Harry has his knees pulled up to his chest and head leaning against Liam's shoulder, as the watched the waves of the ocean, crash against the sand. It was perfectly warm outside, an occasional breeze brushing past cooling down their warmed bodies. Harry's hair was out and the loose curls would fall over his face every time.

Everything was calm and peaceful.

"So, what are your expectations for this summer?" Harry asks softly, over the sounds of the waves and wind. He moves his head to look up at Liam, who isn't focused on him at the moment. Liam doesn't answer right away, instead looking over at the rocks that were a few feet away. Then he shifts his eyes back over to the water, and hums softly.

"To spend all my time with you and for us to continue to be as happy as we are now." Liam says smiling, leaning up slightly to kiss Harry on the mouth briefly. Harry agrees with the nod of his head and a small grin, whispering a 'me too.' Harry suddenly maneuvers himself to sit on Liam's lap facing him. He wraps his legs around Liam's waist and arms around his neck, burying his face in the croak of it.

"Fly." Harry whispers. Liam chuckles, placing his hands on Harry's lower back, patting it gently before he moves his legs to sit in a criss cross position and holds onto Harry. Only a few seconds later, they start to levitate off the sandy ground and float just a few inches above. Harry tightens his limbs around Liam as he starts to levitate higher off the ground. Harry can feel them getting higher and higher, the wind starting to get more persistent the higher they went. Then Liam decides to start slowly spinning his body as they float in the air, making Harry giggle lightly against his chest, having yet take his face away to see how high up they were. But he had come to like the rush he felt of being high in the air, he didn't need to look for his heart to race.

Harry's hair blew beautifully with the wind and Liam couldn't help but admire it with a tiny grin. He held Harry tightly so that he wouldn't fall, and his eyes automatically shift over to the rocks near the water again. He narrows his eyes at the water harshly crashing against the rocks, and he can vaguely remembers dropping Zayn near those same rocks months ago. Watching him fall to his death, and not having a single sympathetic thought in his mind. He had everything he wanted now, that was satisfaction enough and he didn't have the energy to show sympathy when his life was this good now.

He takes his eyes off the rocks and focuses back on Harry who's still clinging to him. Liam smirks as an idea pops into his head. He tightens his hold on Harry, looking down below to measure how far up they were, so that he'd know how far he could go. Next thing Harry knew, they were free falling though the air. He starts to scream, holding on the Liam with a death grip and calling his name repeatedly. Once they were about to smack against the ground, Liam stopped them. Levitating just an inch off the ground, before he releases his powers and sits them both safely on the ground. Harry pulls away and scrambles off of Liam's lap, looking at him with wide eyes. Liam smiles at him sheepishly.

"Liam, you jerk! I thought we were going to die!" Harry screeches, punching at Liam's chest. Liam laughs and grabs his hand at stop him.

"You screamed like a little girl." He laughs. Harry glares at him, and crosses his arms as he gets up and walks away. Liam chuckles at Harry's antics before jumping up himself and chasing Harry. "C'mon babe, you have to admit it was fun!"

"Fun for you asshole."

Liam tried to contain his laughter, running up behind Harry and grabbing him. Harry squirms to get loose, but he fails miserably as Liam cheats and starts to tickle him causing Harry to burst into giggles and beg him to stop. Liam suddenly stops and spins Harry around to face him. Harry has a huge grin on his face while Liam looks a little more serious. He pulls Harry closer, pressing their lips together for just a second, only lingering a bit before he breaks it.

"You know I'd never hurt you." Liam tells him. Harry's smiles fades away, and he nods at Liam letting his forehead gently bump against Liam's.

"I know."

They stayed close together, listening the waves once again as the comforting quietness takes over them.

Some promises were hard to keep.

~