chapter fifty three

Harry

Later on, Zayn and I took a shower together. For the first time in what felt like forever. The morning was spent well, after our little escapades, we spent some time snuggled up on his bed, talking. Our naked bodies pressed against one another's, the heat from them mingling together. It was only when our stomachs started to cry out for food that we had decided to get up and hop into the shower to get ash away the stickiness and sex stench.

It's been so long since I've done that with Zayn, but it brought back so many memories from before. The way we were with one another years ago. The love making had always been so intense and meaningful. He always made me feel so comfortable about my body, so beautiful and good. The way he spoke to me always got my heart pounding in my chest, and how our bodies moved together gave me this rush of ecstasy. It was amazing, and it still is. It feels like nothing has changed, he's still the same old loving caring Zayn that he once was.

This made me feel so happy to be here with him right now, nothing else even mattered to me at this moment. Even though I still felt bad about what was going on between me and my team, I still couldn't feel any happier than now. Once we were done with our shower, we got ourselves dried off and dressed into new clothes for the day. I went with an Adidas shirt, and some black skinny jeans that are ripped at the knees and some white sneakers. As I am fixing my hair into a bun, I feel strong arms snake around my waist immediately settling a small smile onto my lips.

"You look so gorgeous." Zayn whispers against my ear. I smile widely, turning around in his arms, hooking mine around his neck, gazing up at him. He's dressed in mostly black, but nonetheless, he looks breath taking as he always does in my eyes.

"Thank you, you're not so bad looking yourself." I reply. Zayn chuckles, leaning down to press his lips gently against mine in a chaste kiss, earning a faint giggle from me as our lips meld together in delight. The minty taste of toothpaste on our mouths mixed together pleasantly. I wanted to release a small whine when Zayn pulls back.

"I guess I'll accept that compliment." He smiles at me, stroking my chin softly. I snicker.

"You better." I tell him. He chuckles, reconnecting our lips. We lock lips for a while longer, until our tongues were at the edge of being shoved down one another's throats in the heat of the moment. We had to force ourselves to pull away so that we could walk down stairs to the kitchen to have us something to eat finally. We arrive in the kitchen to be met with Josh and Tyler already situated at the table engaged in a conversation, food sitting in front of them. When they are aware of our presence they both turn to look at us.

"The love birds are finally here." Josh says, smirking at us. I smile at him, while Zayn rolls his eyes, squeezing my hand gently, releasing it once we reached the table. Zayn takes a seat across from him, and I sit next to Zayn. There was a variety of food displayed on the table, looking like it was freshly cooked. It looked pretty delicious and ready to be devoured, and I was pretty hungry. I hadn't really eaten much before bed left night and the sex really had me hungry by now.

"You guys were pretty loud this morning, we didn't think you'd be joining us for breakfast." Tyler pipes up, smirking at us. My cheeks flare up at those words, feeling embarrassed that they had heard everything, but then again we weren't exactly quiet about it, so I can't really be surprised. But still, I couldn't help it as a blush dusted across my cheeks in remembrance of what took place not too long ago, and the thought of someone listening in on us unintentionally. Zayn kicks Tyler from under the table making him jump up and yell out an 'ow!'

"Shut up, why were you listening you perv."

"I didn't exactly have a choice when your boyfriend is screaming at the top of his lungs." Tyler retorts, laughing jokingly. I blush even more, leaning towards Zayn in attempt to hide my face. Zayn wraps his arm around my shoulders subconsciously, pulling me closer.

"Ignore him baby, he's just a hater." Zayn tells me, kissing my temple. I giggle softly at his words, nodding my head. After then, Zayn and I finally grab some plates to get food, then sit back down at the table to eat with his friends. The whole time the three of them are talking and bantering playfully. It was moderately entertaining to see them joke around with one another. The sight filled my heart with contentment, because to see Zayn smile happily and be so care free around them warmed me. It was amazing that Zayn had found some decent friends that he could be happy with. All the he had been through the last several years was a lot, and he had lost a lot, including friendships. So, it really made me happy to see him back to his normal state.

I chime in every so often, but it was mostly just them doing the talking while I sat back and listened, and had a good laugh. The atmosphere is so blithe, and calm. There's no tension, no drama, no worries. I felt relaxed, and even though I still had some problems back at my own home to sort out, I still enjoyed this as much as I could before complications arise again. It was only a matter of time before I had to face them again, it wasn't like I could just leave it all behind and run away from my problems. As much as I wanted it to end, I still had so many issues to fix. I planned on doing so, but for now I just wanted to enjoy this time I have with Zayn.

When breakfast was over with and the four of us had parted ways, Zayn and I ended up outside. There we resided on top of the hill, looking down at the city. Our sides are pressed up against one another, Zayn's arm is around my waist, hand rested on the side of my butt, while my head is rested against his shoulder. The sun beamed down on us, contrasting with Zayn's olive skin and my medium fair skin. The beautiful difference of our bodies seemed to sparkle in the light.

"Anything in mind that you would like to do today?" Zayn asks suddenly, breaking the silence between the two of us. I hum softly in thought, not really coming up with a response for it. I just shake me head.

"No, I'm happy just sitting here with you." I tell him truthfully. I feel Zayn squeeze my bum softly.

"I was thinking the exact thing. There's nothing out there better than being here with you." He says, looking down slightly. I look up, smiling at him as he does the same. We share a brief kiss, before I resume my position from before.

"S'nice, and peaceful." I sigh softly.

"Yeah, I wish it can always be like this." Zayn comments, tightening his arm around my waist. I nod in agreement. I did too. Various things seemed so complicated right now, but right here, I felt a calmness wash over me. I felt this safety and security wrap around me snuggly, all my worries diminishing in its' presence. I knew it would remain this way, but it was blissful as it lasted. And as if on air, my communicator starts to go off, breaking us both out of our thoughts. I sigh softly, like I said, it wasn't going to last. I still as a super hero had my work cut out for me. I quickly pull it out of my pocket and open it up. There's a red dot indicating the location of where help is needed. And if I wasn't wrong, it seemed to be right near Elite Tower, bear the coastline. I look over to Zayn who's already looming at me and I frown sadly.

"Z, I gotta-"

"I know baby, I understand. C'mon, let's go." Zayn says, pulling away from me as he gets off the ground. I stand up with him, giving him a questioning look.

"You're coming?" I ask. Zayn smiles softly.

"Of course, I'm not letting you go alone."

"What abo-"

"Don't worry about them, I'll help. I'm not gonna let you run into danger alone, what kind of boyfriend would I be?" Zayn asks. I grin slightly, shaking my head as we link our hands together. We smile at one another and nod.

"Let's go."

It could be like old times again, the two of us fighting crime side by side, and having one another's back at all costs.

~