chapter fourteen

Harry

It was dark out and being at the tower in my room probably getting ready for bed was something I was wanting to be doing, but instead I was out on look out duty. We got a late night call about some snoopers hanging around by the museum of natural history. There had been various reports of stolen artifacts, minerals, jewelry, and even fossils. You would think what would anyone want with fossils, but you could definitely make a ton of money off of selling those items. And around here, money hungry criminals weren't uncommon.

I was leaning against the side of the building, bored and tired. It was nearly midnight and I hadn't seen any suspicious activity for the past twenty minutes. Niall was inside at his post while Louis stood all the way on the other side of the building, and Liam doing whatever he was doing. I was getting pretty restless just standing here and not actually doing anything. I wanted to pull my communicator out and tell the guys this was stupid, but I stopped myself. I talked to Niall a few weeks ago about my broken communicator without actually telling him what happened to it and he happily made me a new one.

I was gonna try to keep this one in tact..

I sigh and let out a yawn, looking at the time on my wrist band. Eleven fifty seven, it read. I groan, it's been too long it felt like. It was cold out here, and only being in hero outfit wasn't helping. I could care less about my internal complaints. Just because I was a super hero, didn't mean I wasn't allowed to. We're human too. And humans need sleep, which I haven't been getting lately. Between all the crime fighting we've been doing, keeping up with this on going romance between Liam and I, and my now reoccurring dreams that keep me up at night, I haven't been getting much sleep. Henceforth, my grumpy state at the moment.

I was about to take out my communicator and contact the others when I heard something from behind me. I quickly turned around and shot a ray of light from my hand in that direction. Though it hit nothing because no one was there. I frown, using a ball of energy to light up the darkened area but finding nothing. Suddenly, I felt a breeze from behind me and something touch my shoulder. I quickly react by grabbing the stranger's hand and flipping them. Although my eyes widened when I realized who it was.

"Oh crap, Lou."

He groaned and sat up, rubbing his back, before looking up at me. "Um, ow H." He says, before slowly getting up. I sigh, my shoulders slumping as I get out of my fighting stance.

"I'm sorry, you can't just sneak up on me. I thought you were someone else." I tell him. Louis shakes his head.

"It's okay, but damn you reacted quicker than I thought you would." He says. I smile and cross my arms.

"Maybe I'm getting quicker than speedy himself." I joked. Louis scoffs and rolls his eyes, doing an imaginary hair flip.

"You wish." He says sassily. I giggle and leans back against the wall. "There's literally nothing out here, how long is Liam gonna make us stand here?" I asked, eyeing Louis. Louis shrugs and leans against the wall beside me, placing his hands behind his head.

"I dunno, you know Liam. Once there's a mission, there's no early release." He replies. I nod in agreement. Seconds later there's a click, and suddenly I'm being roughly pushed to the ground just as I hear a loud shot go off. I yelp, but look up to see Louis with someone in a headlock. The fun that I'm assuming Louis just saved me from was discarded onto the ground and the man was struggling in Louis' hold. Soon, he started to lose consciousness and Louis let go of him as he fell to the ground, picking up the gun and taking the ammo out.