chapter seventeen

A month later.

Harry

This month had been going pretty good so far. The relationship with Liam and I was great, we were definitely enjoying one another. Everything seemed to be slightly more normal than before. We were still fighting comes and doing what we do best. The thing that I realized is that, we haven't had any encounters with Zayn lately. This whole month plus some days, we haven't heard from him, nor have had trouble from his people.

Sometimes I wondered why, but at the same time I tried to convince myself that I didn't care. Though, some part of me did care. I just tried to ignore it and enjoy everything and not get the way I had before. That didn't stop the weird feelings I've been having. Ever since the date Liam and I had, I have been getting the feeling of being watched. Not only did I feel like I was being watched, I felt as if I was being followed, monitored even. I felt it every time I was out with the boys, going out with Liam some place, or even when I was fighting with criminals. All I could feel was eyes on me.

I had no idea whether I was being paranoid or not, but I couldn't shake the feeling. It was like every time I stepped outside, someone was there lurking in the shadows, watching my every move. I didn't mention it to anyone because I thought I was just being paranoid, and maybe I am. I just didn't want to say anything to get anybody else worried. I'm pretty sure it's nothing, probably just my overactive imagination. So here I was, sitting in the middle of the mall near the fountain on just a normal day. We decided we hadn't went shopping for a while and came here to do some. I loved shopping, especially during autumn. There was always cute sweaters or boots, which were my favorite during this season as well as winter.

Being a little of a "different" kind of dresser than the other guys, I usually went into stores that they didn't like and they went into stores I had no interest in, so it was always follow the leader when we came here, because we liked to shop as a group but we always had to go either this way or that way. Liam had offered to take me to any store I liked, but I told him it was okay and that I was fine with waiting. The guys all went into this store to look for new shoes while I waited here near the fountain that was inside that center of the mall. Earlier I had put my bags in the car so I wouldn't have to haul them around, even though Liam offered to carry them, I wasn't that much of a priss.

I waited patiently while taking sips of my warm coffee. It was pretty chilly outside, but luckily I had worn a very warm comfy sweater. I hummed as I waited and talked to a few people who were apparently fans. As I wait I look around listening to the water falling behind me and the chattering of the people walking around in the mall. I take another sip of the warm drink in my hand when I get that feeling again. Slowly, I lower the cup from my lips, my eyes flickering around to see if I could spot who it was. All I could see were people who weren't even acknowledging my existence. I sit the cup down before standing up and turning around, eyes scanning the other side of the fountain. I probably looked like a lost child, but I just had to know why I was getting this feeling.

Suddenly, my eyes catch something. Someone standing on the very far side, half of their body hidden behind a wall. They were wearing all black, with a hood pulled over their head. I couldn't really tell for sure if they were looking at me but everything about them seemed suspicious and somewhat familiar. They continue to stand there once I spot them, so I decide to walk over there. The figure however quickly disappears behind the wall, going in the other direction. I frown, but continue to follow at a faster pace. I nearly walk through the whole mall following this person. I finally come to a stop as the person disappears behind yet another turn. I slowly walk in the direction, trying to keep aware of my surroundings and end up walking into the bathroom.