chapter fifty four

Harry

Zayn and I sprint towards where my communicator had located where trouble was coming from. Both of us are hand in hand, as we jumped from building to building to get to where we are going quicker, not having a care in the world. It was only when we neared the location did I realize that we were headed straight into the direction of the Elite Tower. My eyes widen in perturbation as Zayn and I jump down from the last building, running towards the tower.

That's when I spot dozens of people yelling, and engaged in combat. There's smoke rising up from some places in the tower, broken glass and windows. Someone was attacking the Elite Tower. We had to hurry if we wanted to put this to a stop, we had to do it quick before the tower is completely demolished. Both Zayn and I look at one another and nod at each other in understanding.

When we finally reach them, we immediately jump into action. There's around four enemies that Niall is fighting off all on his own, so I go and help him. I do a somersault into a powerful mule kick, knocking one of the guys off their feet, sending them tumbling a few feet away from us. I quickly spring back up, before lifting my foot and kicking another guy. He catches my foot and tries to counter attacked, but I act quickly and punches him directly in the face, causing him to release me, giving me the opportunity to attack again. I punch him in the chest and send him flying and landing right on his ass.

As Niall and I are fighting, I can see from the corner of my eye that Zayn wasn't too far away, facing four guys alone. But, he was holding his own, doing all kinds of flips and combat combinations to take them all out before they even got a chance to touch him. He is truly amazing, his improvement over the years was unbelievable. He could be a one man army if he wanted to.

As much as I would have loved to stare at Zayn fight, I had to remain focused on the task at hand and not get distracted. More enemies approached them every time they had gotten rid of another, so they had to really work together to fight them all off. Two men run up to me, ready to attack. I bend over backwards into a back handspring, dodging them both. Blue rays gather in my fists and before they can even get a chance to come at me again, I blast them away.

Suddenly, I am grabbed from behind into a headlock. I grunt, grabbing onto the person behind me. I start wrestling and struggling for a while in the strong hold, trying to free myself. I choke slightly as my airways start getting cut off. Gathering up all my strength, I grab him by the arms and bend forward roughly pulling and flipping the man over my shoulder and slamming him onto the ground. He hits the ground with a loud grunt, and I am able to pull myself free, before winding my fist back and punching him, knocking him out cold.

I cough, rubbing at my throat as I try to catch my breath, glaring at the man below me in spite. I feel another presence approach me from behind and I was about to turn around and attack, until I see who it is and relaxes.

"You okay?" Zayn asks, looking at me with concern. I breath out in relief, nodding my head in response.

"I'm fine Z, don't worry about me. We need to take these guys out." I say, but on the inside my heart is melting over how Zayn worries over me, just like he used to whenever we had all been a team, fighting next to one another. Once again, all five of us were together again, and although things were perfect, it felt just like old times. Fighting off the bad guys, solving crimes and doing what we did best. Nostalgia hit me hard, but I couldn't let it get in the way of things right now, not until we got things under control here.

"You're right, let's finish this." Zayn agrees, smiling warmly at me. I return one lovingly, but it's quickly wiped off my face.

"Zayn, behind you!" I yell. Zayn doesn't even flinch, quickly grabbing the arm of the person attempting to attack him and flipping him over his shoulder, slamming him harshly into the ground, twisting his arm painfully. There's a loud crack, and the man starts yelling in pure agony, squirming around. Zayn had most likely broken his arm with his super strength. He releases him, and looks at me smirking. "Ready?" he asks.

I smile widely at him, nodding. "Let's get this over with."

That's exactly how we end up standing back to back, fighting off countless enemies together as they charge at us non stop. Just like we used to. I try not to use much of my powers, and use as much combat as I can. We were taking down guys left and right with no struggle at all. Hopefully, this would be all over. I hear Zayn call out to me from behind, alerting me of more people coming up from both sides.

We both look into one another's eyes, as if reading each other's minds, we knew exactly what to do. We both wait for the enemies to run right up on us before nodding at one another. Both Zayn and I run past one another, grabbing onto one another's hand and using our momentum to lift our bodies off the ground and send a powerful kick to each of our enemies, sending them sailing through the air. We release hands, before we work diligently together to take out the rest of the guys coming our way.

I look over, seeing Niall, Louis, and Liam also finishing off the guys they were fighting off. My eyes scan around us, seeing the other men quickly starting to draw back and retreat. Finally, once the last of men were down, it was finally over. I close my eyes briefly, taking a deep breath, thankful that the fight had ended. Everyone is panting and making sure there were no other enemies in the vicinity, before my teammates all walk over to me.

However, Liam doesn't look to happy.  And he ends up being the first one to speak.

"What the fuck is he doing here?" He hisses, jolting a finger out towards Zayn who is standing slightly behind me. I put my hand out, pressing against Liam's chest as he tries to get into Zayn's face.

"Liam, stop it, he just came to help." I tell him. Liam glares at Zayn harshly before looking at me.

"We don't need his help, last time I checked, he wasn't apart of this team anymore." Liam states. Before I can say anything else, Zayn speaks first.

"Does it matter? We took out the enemies, that's all you need to worry about." Zayn tells him monotonously. Liam narrows his eyes at Zayn.

"I'm so sick of you talking like you know it all."

"Get over it Liam, you should be worried more about the issue at hand." Zayn growls in annoyance.

"Listen, just cut it out. Zayn only came to help, he's not doing anything wrong." I say.

"Not now, but who knows when he'll go rogue again." Liam hisses. I held a finger up towards Liam, as a warning.

"Don't." I start. Zayn grabs my hand, making me drop my hand, but I keep my eyes on him.

"Let's just go Harry, it's clear that I'm not wanted here." He says. I look at both Niall and Louis, who haven't said a word yet. Their expressions are unreadable, but it was obvious they were a bit wary. Liam is fuming and he's never failed to show his distaste for Zayn. The tension in the air is thick enough to be cut with a knife. I sighs softly, looking back and forth between Zayn and the others.

It was evident that things needed to be settled.

"How about you go, Zayn? I need to stay behind and talk to everyone." I finally say after a long fragment of silence. Zayn frowns slightly, but he looks into my silently pleasing eyes and his face softens in understanding.

"Okay. I'll go back home, but will you come back please?" Zayn asks. I smile and nods slowly. He nods, quickly leaning down to kiss me briefly on the lips, making my cheeks tint knowing that everyone is watching our exchange.

"See you later, Z."

He nods, looking at me and giving one more glare at Liam, before he takes off. I turn back to face my teammates once again, sighing deeply. This is going to be a long discussion, and hopefully the last one that I have with them to make them understand.

I really need them to understand me, so that things can go back to normal again.

~