chapter eleven

Harry

I felt a shiver rush through me at the chilling voice in my ear. Sparks shooting up my spine, including the ones you feel when you've made contact with your soulmate as well as his electrical power vibrating through his arms shocking me ever so slightly. My body naturally wanted to melt into the touch but my mind was telling me to get away. I already knew what I had to do.

He wasn't one of us anymore.

I squeeze my eyes shut building up the strength in me and when opened them back up, I attempt to use my upper body strength to flip him over. But it didn't work, so I force us both backwards until his back thumps against the wall. I can hear his heavy breathing in my ear as my back presses a little more against his chest, trying to ignore the way my heart pounded in my own.

I hated that he made me feel this way. Shaky, nervous, and evocative. Seeing him, and having him touch me messed with my mind more than anyone would ever know. Sometimes it confused me and had me making split decisions, it was so mind-boggling. My brain and my body always left me torn. I hated it, I hated everything about this. Fighting against someone I once used to call my lover.

"What's the matter baby? Can't fight me?" He taunted, breaking me out of my trance. It saddened but also angered me to hear him call me that knowing that it wasn't all just for teasing purposes, and far from being sentimental. I clenched my teeth, squeezing his arm tighter before I quickly jerk my head forward and harshly throw it back, head butting him. It catches him off guard for a second as he grunts softly, giving me a chance to slip from his grip and quickly face him backing away. My hands glowing, ready to attack again.

He wipes his mouth, before chuckling darkly. His hair hanging slightly in his face but I can still see his icy blue eyes. Those weren't his at all. They couldn't possibly be apart of him now, could they? "You've got a hard head there H, I wonder if you're still good at giving it." He says. I clench my fists as my heart as well clenches tightly in my chest.

"I'm not here to listen to your crude comedy." I say through clenched teeth. Why was he doing this? Why was he being such a disgusting person? It still baffles me tremendously as to why he was like this now, even after all this time. I still wanna know why.

"And I'm not here to deal with you and your nosy little friends, but here we are." He replies, the way his voice sounds was so off and just so wrong. I hated how much he had changed, he was like a completely different person with nothing of him left. How does that even happen? How can someone completely transforms into something they'd never be?

"They used to be your friends." I whisper.

"I don't have any friends, and I don't need them. So, I'm going to say this one more time, you stay out of my way or I'm going to be forced to hurt you." He say darkly, voice growing deeper and more intimidating as he spoke. It hurt to hear him say that, but what did I expect out of someone whose not himself any longer. So, I clench my hands tighter, the blue energy source returning to the surface and I look at him pushing back all that emotion that had been settling within me.

"I'm not running away."

Zayn narrows his eyes, them glowing electric blue. "Then I guess I'll have to put little H in his place." He growls, his voice now sounding almost inhuman and demonic, shocks of electricity spark from his arms as flames flicker in his hands. As he takes a step forward I immediately react by stepping back and blasting a ray of energy at him. It strikes him right in his torso, lurching straight into wall behind him, creating a huge crack in the shape of his body. I didn't exactly want to cause more damage than he already had here but sometimes it was necessary in order to take out the bad guys. My eyes widen shocked that I had even made such a direct hit, before I wasn't even able to get my hands on him.

After a few seconds he recovers, shaking the gravel from the stone wall off. His eyes light up as he lets out a monstrous growl, and before I know it a boiling hot flame is blasting towards me from his mouth like that of a dragon's. I quickly dodge, and dashes for the door out into the hallway. I can't possibly fight him in that small room, he could easily have an advantage over me. I hear his footsteps after me and taunting laughter. I turn around, taking steady steps back to keep my distance as he walks forward, his body like a walking flame.

"I thought you weren't gonna run away. What, do you need help from your little friends? Can't take me on by your lonesome?" He teases with a small smile, which suddenly disappears and the angered look reappears on his face as quick as a switch. He then starts blowing fire in a circular motion, coating the hallway around him with flames. And these people may be prisoners but do they really deserve to burn alive in here?

I start shooting rays of energy back at him, although he dodges them quickly or counters them with an electrical shock. Suddenly another flame is being pelted towards me, missing my face by inches. The hallways were starting to grow aflame, prisoners shouting and calling out for help. I couldn't believe it, Zayn was losing his mind and causing pointless destruction and putting many's lives in danger while also in the mist of trying to light my face on fire as well. "Stop! Stop it, why are you doing this?!"

He stops walking, standing in the middle of the hall before crouching down and placing both his hands flat on the floor. Then he looks at me, a deep frown with angry blue eyes, "To show that I am a force not to be reckoned with." As he says those words, an electronic surge was sent through the floor, electrocuting everyone whose feet stood on it, including me. I yelp as my knees give out and I fall to the floor, my body convulsing as shocks traveling throughout my body, feeling paralyzed.

A shadow came over me. A presence near. Zayn kneels down near me, a hot hand placed in my hair sending a strange warmth over me.

"This is your second warning Harry. Back. Off." He says the last part with a venomous tone, then let's go of my hair standing up.

"Harry!" I hear my name called from the other end of the hallway and feet rushing over. But they don't get to make as Zayn reacts quickly doing whatever it is he does that brings that bright blinding light that halts our vision for a few seconds. Once it was back, he was gone.

There was a soft hand on my shoulder and shadows hover over me.

"Harry, are you okay?!" I hear Liam ask. I squeeze my eyes shut trying to ignore the pain in my body and slowly shake my head.

I'll never be okay for as long as Zayn's the enemy.

~