chapter twenty three

Harry

I wake up abruptly, quickly sitting up on the bed. I look around the room realizing I was still in the infirmary and all the lights were dimmed. I let out a breath as I run a hand through my head. Figuring it must be night time, I faintly remember falling asleep in here before the neutralizer Louis gave me kicked in. I was glad that I was able to move freely now, that had to be the worst experience ever. Not being even to move a muscle, or even talk.

My tongue at the time had felt numb and metallic, and my mouth felt so weak I didn't think I could manage to move it enough to say anything. I hated that. I wish I could've helped Liam, but instead I was completely useless, once again. I groan, pinching the bridge of my nose. I hate this, it sucks. Why can't I just be normal for once? Enjoy life with my friends and boyfriend? I still had everything I needed right? Friends, a caring boyfriend, and people who loved us and looked up to us. What more did I need?

I rub a hand over my face, deciding to push that aside and get off the bed. I wonder how late it was and if Liam was still up or not. I needed to talk to him, he was probably still pissed about what happened and what was said to him. I couldn't imagine what that felt like and I felt so guilty because somehow I knew some part of it was my fault. And I should've said something, anything. Anything to defend him like any other good boyfriend should do. But I said nothing and did nothing.

What the heck is wrong with me?

I sighed as I walk slowly down to Liam's room, being as quiet as I could. Once I reached his door I paused, biting my lip as I held my fist up to the door ready to knock. I was not ready for this talk, but it had to happen sooner or later and the sooner, the better. Better chance at cleaning up a mess. I knock softly on the door, so light I'm not even sure he heard it. But when I heard him talk, I knew he had.

"Who is it?" He asked through the door.

"Harry..." I reply quietly, hoping he heard me because I felt afraid to talk any louder. After a moment of silence of what felt like forever, Liam's door slides open. Liam stands there shirtless in just his boxers. He doesn't speak, but he motions for me to come in as he steps away to let me through. I hold my arms close to my body as I step inside his room like it's my very first time being in there. Once the door closes, Liam stands next to the door and watches me. I sit down at the edge of his bed nervously.

You could cut the tension with a knife as the room was dead silent, not even the sound of our breathing could be heard. I clutch my hands together, placing them on my lap as I fiddle with them anxiously. Liam walks over to his dresser while I sit on the bed trying to figure out what to say. I watch discretely as he pulls on a pair of sweat pants, and walks over to sit at his desk chair. I swallow, before opening my mouth to speak. "Are you okay?" I asked quietly, my voice seeming to echo in the silent room. Liam laughs sarcastically, twisting in his chair.

"You sure do know how to start off a conversation," He says. I clench my hands together tighter, watching as Liam turns to face me again. "And if you must know, no. I'm not okay." He answers. I sigh, pushing my fallen hair behind my ear.

"Listen Li-"

"No, you listen." He interrupted. I suck in a breath, closing my mouth to let Liam talk. "I don't know what kind of voodoo spell Zayn has on you, or whatever kind of shit he had over you, you're gonna have to get the fuck over it. Especially since you're with me now, I'm not gonna be played like a fool." Liam says, voice full of irritation as he stands out of his chair. I shake my head as I stand up as well and walk over to him.