chapter eighteen

Zayn

Zayn

I stormed into the mansion, slamming the door so hard it could've broken off the hinges. Some of the maids jumped, startled by my entering but I walk past them not really caring. When I was pissed I didn't care about anything or anyone except the situation at hand. The situation being one that involved him. After paying him that little visit at the mall earlier, I suddenly felt this overwhelming feeling of anger. I didn't exactly know who the anger was towards or why it was so intense.

It could've been because, I've been gone nearly three years without seeing his face. Being able to touch him like I wanted to, or hear his voice speak words to me while his tone didn't involve anger or hurt. Why would that matter to me though? I didn't care about him, I never have. I haven't ever felt anything towards him, love, affection. None of those things. Or maybe that's what I told myself to make parting with him easier.

Deep down I knew, parting with him was never easy.

Even when I have no control over my thoughts or actions, there's always this little voice in the very back of my mind whispering to me. Don't hurt him. But sometimes it was so far away, I couldn't hear it and follow that voice. My mind was very vulnerable. For the past years it's been toyed with, used, manipulated and filled with lies. Sometimes, I couldn't even recognize myself. My face, my personality, or me as a person.

I'm lucky I'm even having a chance to think for myself for once right now, but it wouldn't last for long. Not when I had to answer to him. Someone whom I used to trust in the past. Someone I had never thought would hurt anybody because he was a family man, and he cared for people. But it turns out, I and everybody else were wrong. My uncle, he was a monster. He used his powers to destroy the weak, gain power and steal hard earned money from others while he sat in this big 'ole mansion on his ass and watched it right from home.

He was despicable.

He was one of the most powerful mind control masters the world had ever seen. That was his ability- mind control. He could manipulate your thoughts, make you hear and see things, make you carry out involuntarily actions against your own will. He could make a slave out of you, as long as he had complete control of your mind. He had a lock on my mind, he completely owned it and I didn't know how to escape it. I've been fighting it for so long now but he always had the upper hand on me.

I was becoming weaker and weaker, and one day, I would be completely brain dead and unable to control my own will. I would be at the point of no return. I would just be a soulless puppet with no mind of my own. I wanted to say I was determined not to become that, but after all this time, it's clear that I was losing my sanity and my humanity. Soon there would be nothing left of it. I would be nothing. But, maybe it was something I deserved for all the hurt and I've caused over the years. I've been destructive even before I came ball to Jump City. It was one of my darkest times.