chapter forty five

Harry

Zayn and I pull away looking to where the voice came from and my eyes widen. There was Liam standing there, with his fists clenched fuming as he glared down at Zayn and I. I quickly pry myself away from Zayn and stand up, dusting the sand off of me. Zayn stands up as well, but not as frantically as me. He was all calm and cool like he had no care in the world. Which I didn't doubt that he didn't because Liam wasn't his problem anymore, he was mine. We are teammates and I could tell how pissed off and betrayed Liam was feeling at the moment, and I knew I couldn't stand here and say nothing, I had to explain. I just didn't know how to get the words out. I felt like things were about to go to hell from here.

How was I supposed to explain this?

"What the fuck is going on?" Liam hissed. I could exactly tell him that this wasn't what it looked like, because it was exactly what it looked like. Zayn and I had been kissing, neither of us holding back one bit. I didn't know how much Liam had seen or how long he'd been standing there, but I'm pretty sure he's seen all of it. And knowing already how much he had hated Zayn, this must've crushed him. So, I need to be careful with my words because I knew it wouldn't be any better if we both raised our voices.

"Liam, let me explain.." I tell him. He clenches his jaw, glaring deadly at Zayn before averting his eyes back to me.

"What the hell are you doing here with him, huh? Fuck, I knew you were up to something." Liam says, angrily. I bit my lip harshly, seeing as Liam looked as if he was about to fly off the handle and lose his full temper at any seconds. I honestly didn't know how to say what was going on, but I couldn't lie about the obvious. I had to tell him the truth, it was only fair wasn't it? Since I hadn't just been hiding it from him but also our best friends. "How long has this.. whatever this is, been going on?" He asked, trying to keep his sanity, but I could tell it was running short.

I swallowed thickly, "I- I don't know. Maybe two months?" Liam's eyes grew wide like saucers and the anger in them only increased more.

"What?" He hissed, "So that means... you've been sneaking around when we were together?" He asked in pure shock.

I shake my head, "No, no it wasn't like that-"

"Then what was it like Harry? You've been sneaking off to come and see him without my acknowledgment, what is that supposed to be like?!" He yelled at me. I flinched back a little, frowning. I knew he was angry but I didn't want him to get too out of hand. He needed to calm down a little and just talk this out with me.

"You need to calm down." Zayn says, as if he had read my mind. He was glaring at Liam angrily and Liam only returned an angrier glare, before lifting a finger to point at Zayn.

"I don't wanna hear a word from you, you fucking traitor." Liam growled, then he turned his attention back on me. "Is he the reason why you wanted to break up, Harry? Is he the reason why you threw a nine month relationship away like it meant nothing? Is it because of him?!" He nearly screeched in a low pitched voice. I was pretty sure anyone within the vicinity could have heard his angered yells over the waves crashing against the land.

"Liam!"

"Tell me Harry!" He yelled back. I could feel a twinge if anger build up on me for a second as my worried eyes turned into a scowl.

"No he's not!" I yelled in Liam's face. He seemed taken aback but that didn't get rid of the glare he had permanently glued to his face. "I broke up with you because I never had real feelings for you and I was unhappy. I was tired of trying to convince myself that we were good together." I tell him, a little calmer this time. I could see an arrange of emotions swim through his eyes and as much as it pained me to say it, it was the truth. I couldn't go about lying about my feelings or creating false ones anymore. I had to be true to others just as I had to be true to myself. Liam and I were never meant to be, it was just something that occurred and gave me an eye opener. That I shouldn't force myself to like someone, or even love someone because of the emptiness I had felt in my heart. I needed to stop this and so did Liam, because I knew he had felt it too when we were together.