chapter fifty one

Harry

I was back at home. Only for a short amount of time. I had only came back to grab some clothes. I thought hard about it and I had decided to stay with Zayn a couple of days longer. Things around here were so tense, I could barely breath. Just being in the room with the three made me feel a bit suffocated. The only person who spoke to me was Niall. He managed a 'hey' out, but Louis and Liam remained silent. It hurt me. Louis and I had always been so close, but now he didn't speak to me once. I felt unwelcome here now, as if I had committed some type of crime. Louis gave me the cold shoulder, while Liam was still bitter towards me and Niall was unsure of himself.

So, here I was packing a bag of clothes that would last me at least a week or so. Maybe if I went away for a bit, things would boil over and we could have another talk, have a heart to heart. And maybe, they'd be more understanding. I told Niall about me going away for maybe a week or two, since I obviously wasn't allowed to speak to the others. So, he'd inform them if they start to wonder why I haven't returned. They'll probably think I'm betraying them by going to him, but that's not what I was doing. I'd never do that. I had too much of a pure heart and I only wanted the best for everyone, but I guess that would have to wait. After I was done packing my duffle bag, I went into my connecting bathroom to retrieve a few toiletries to being as well.

Since it was getting colder outside with the season transitioning, I wore some soft comfy lavender colored sweat pants with a sweatshirt to match it and plain converse. I let my hair be out since I always had it tied up so much lately. It felt nice to just let it down, even if I did get annoyed with it getting in my face every second. Once, I was done packing, I sigh looking around aimlessly. I had really hoped this little thing didn't last too long. I hated that everyone was upset with me, I never pictured it being this way.

I slung my bag over my shoulder, looking down at my hand that clutched my communicator in it. Just because we were going through a tough patch, doesn't mean my duty as a super hero was over. I'd always be there to help fight against criminals, whether they wanted to talk to me or not. I shoved the device in the pocket of my sweats and headed towards my door. As soon as my door slide open, I gasped startled slightly when I saw Liam standing there. His eyes immediately met mine. He kept a straight face, his lips pressed in a flat line. What was he doing here? Probably here to yell at me some more.

"You're leaving." He says, it wasn't a question, it was a statement.

"Yeah. Only for a couple days." I mumble. He narrows his eyes.

"To go stay with him? Why?" He asked, spitting the word 'him' out like poison in his mouth. I frown deeply.

"To let you guys cool. You all seem so upset with me, so why should I be here if I'll be receiving the cold shoulder?" I asked. Liam seemed to scan my eyes, searching for something, his face remaining straight.

"Harry, you don't have to go. Not to him." He tells me. I cross my arms, this time my own eyes narrowing.

"Why not?"

"Harry, he hurt you. He hurt all of us. You can't be seriously thinking of going back to him? After all he's done." He explains. I sigh, my shoulders slumping.

"Liam.. I love him. I'm willing to give him a second chance. He's hurting too." I say. Liam shakes his head.

"He's tricking you, he has to be. All the horrible things he's said to you, the things he's done. He can't be possibly serious about redeeming himself." Liam replies, running a hand through his hair.