Chapter 1: The Beginning of Him.

There comes a time, you're 18, you've made it through sixth form (hopefully). It's time to move out and start university. For me, that time was now. September 16th, 'Fresher's Week' as they called it, and I was moving into my new apartment. It wasn't big but it wasn't small either. It was a decent size for one person. It was in town, my town. I chose not to live on campus, but it wasn't too far away from the university. My building was strictly for under 25's... or so I was told when I placed an offer. Moving out wasn't too big of a deal for me personally. Moving out was a big deal for my health, and for my parents. Moving out meant I had to manage my own well being, which wasn't something I was awfully good at. If it was down to my family, it would never have happened. This was what normal people did. I wanted to be normal.

I slammed the van door shut, thanking the driver and walking straight into the building. I was on the top floor, of a 14 tier apartment. Taking the stairs sounded great to me, more exercise, more calories burnt, but with a 2 stone box in my hand, I decided to give my body once in a lifetime break and take the lift. I stepped in, pressing the 14th button on the wall, patiently waiting for the doors to close, so I could turn around and look in the mirror. Standard. Just as the doors were about to meet, two hands forced the door back open, and a boy staggered in. My eyes went wide a little, as he visibly checked the controls without pressing anything. He lived on the same floor as me? I blinked a few times, before biting my lip and waited for the lift to start moving. He coughed awkwardly, as he stood in one corner and I stood in the other. I sighed inaudibly, rolling my eyes lightly. I wasn't in the mood for... anyone, or anything for that matter. He clearly felt awkward, but I never. I hardly ever felt awkward. I had sat, time and time again, disassociating myself from situations, feeling awkward was one of the many feelings I have had the pleasure of loosing in the past few years. I placed the box down on the floor, reaching to my back pocket to grab my phone. As it unlocked, the one message that stood out was from George.

"George: Are you at the flat yet?" "George: Phone me when you see this."

I rolled my eyes, once again. As much as he was my boyfriend, and I felt some way towards him, he was one of the many 'anyone and anythings' that I was not in the mood for. As I clicked the box to reply, my phone screen went black, indicating it's death. Oh... how unfortunate. I breathed out, almost pretentiously and uncaring of bothering anyone around me, sliding my phone back in my pocket. Suddenly, as I looked up, the black hit my eyes as the entire lift jammed to a stop. I frowned, instantly reaching aimlessly in the dark for the bar behind me. I slid my hand along the wall until I found the controls, banging on as many buttons as I could trying to activate some kind of alarm or movement.

"Shit" I mumbled, banging on the buttons, knowing full well it wasn't going to help anything. I just needed to get out this lift. I couldn't deal with this, not today. I squeezed my fist into a ball, and punched the biggest button I could feel, but two hands wrapped around my wrists, instantly making me jump backwards. I turned around quickly, looking up at the tall lad standing in front of me. I frowned, half relieved that it was him grabbing me and not someone who had hijacked the lift. My eyebrows creased even more as I noticed he was smirking at me. I'm glad he gained some enjoyment out of this, because I didn't.

"Calm down... this always happens. Someone will realise we're stuck and come fix the wee thing soon enough" The softest Irish accent filled my ears, and a breath got stuck in my throat as I tried to process what he said. I looked down quickly, noticing he still had his hands around my wrist so I pulled away from him. I hesitantly sat down on the floor, trying to get my thoughts together without moving the lift too much. He started jumping up and down, making my heart fall out of my chest as I pushed myself into the corner.