Chapter 10: It's Not That Deep

I walked into the lads flat like it was my own. It was weird but they did the same to mine. Pete, Aodhan and Dylan were sitting on the couches on their laptops, like they always were. They all muttered their hellos, too indulged with whatever they were going. 

"Where is Luke?" I asked them. Dylan looked up at Pete.

"He's at work" Pete answered for them. I went to frown but Dylan spoke up. He closed his eyes tiredly. He pointed to the back room.

"He's not, he's in his bedroom go head" He nodded his head over. Uh, okay. I slowly frowned, edging towards the back room, listening to them whisper arguing behind me. It was just a simply question.

"He said don't let anyone in there" Pete said, relieving himself from any blame if it was to kick off. Why didn't he want anyone in there? I pushed my lips together.

"It's her I think the rules are different" I just frowned and looked at Aodhan. He raised his eyebrows and nodded his head in the back, just like Dylan did. I breathed out lightly and walked to his room. The door was half open so I stood a little inside to look in. He was lying in bed with the covers all over him. The telly was off and he just had a headphone in. I knocked on the door but he didn't turn around.

"What d'ye want?" He mumbled, not turning around to see who was there. My eyes grew wider, and I stepped away, walking back into the living room. I went back over to the couch.

"Is he sleeping? or sick? or what, like why is he in bed?" I spoke, irritated and slightly confused. I was a little inpatient. Pete chuckled lightly.

"Just go speak to him!" I was going to say not if he is going to be moody with me, but if he was moody I wanted to know why. I walked to the room for the second time. As I got there, he was sitting up a bit more, facing the door with his eyes open. I leaned against the door, letting him look at me with sleepy eyes. He didn't say anything to me. He looked upset. His eyebrows were constantly pushed together and his face was paler. His hair was all over the place, and I could tell something wasn't right. I walked in, sitting on his bed cross-legged in front of him. I blinked a few times, not wanting to push my luck. He watched me as I moved forward and took an earphone out his ear, one so he could hear me, and two because I wanted to know what he was listening to. He smiled softly at me, as I stuck the earphone in my ear. I tilted my head to the side lightly. I had no clue what he was listening to, but it was slow and awful. I breathed out, pouting slightly. I wanted him to smile. I leaned forward, putting my hand on his shoulder and resting on him, in a sly attempt to give him a hug. He took his hand out of the duvet and tiredly put it around my neck. 

"You okay baby?" He mumbled. I pushed my face in to him, hiding the blush that I knew was going to appear on my face. I nodded, he wasn't going to deflect this.

"Tell me what's wrong?" I asked him, letting him think about it. I sat up away from him, expecting an answer from him. He looked down at me. 

"I miss home, miss Ireland" He mumbled, pushing a bit of my hair away from my face. "My baby cousin was born today" He spoke honestly. I smiled, letting it reach my eyes, that was so cute. My heart ached for him, I would hate to be away from my family for the amount of him he had, I could never imagine what he was feeling.

"That's so cute, have you got a picture?" He smiled and held his phone up, which already had a picture of the baby sitting upon. My face lit up at the image.

"She is so so tiny, oh my god bless her little heart" He smiled softly. "Does she have a name yet?"

"Think it's going to be Zoey?" I nodded my head. I didn't want to ask this, but I did... I wanted him to feel better.