Chapter 13: What has it been, 5 minutes?

"Where's Luke?" I asked nonchalantly, looking at the boys in the rear-view mirror. Deep echoes of laughter filled my car. I didn't react. Aodhan leaved over to the console slightly.

"What has it been, 5 minutes?" Aodhan spoke arrogantly, the laughter continuing in the background. I rolled my eyes.

"Well when you ask me to pick you all up from the airport, I was expecting the four of you" I shot back. 3 months had passed, and despite common belief, the Irish lads who lived across the hall from me were coming back. I had just picked them up, but Luke wasn't here. If he wasn't here, had he not got off that plane? Maybe he hadn't got on the plane in the first place.

"He is driving his car home" Aodhan nodded at me. Asshole couldn't even get in the car with me. I scoffed instantly.

"Of course he is" I snarled, locking the doors and turning the engine on. I checked my mirrors before pulling out of the check in and driving out the pickup area. Luke had left his car here but they needed me to pick them up. Okay. 

"He said you'd say that" Pete chimed in from behind me. I rolled my eyes, brushing him off. "We brought a few things back with us, they wouldn't have all fit in your car or his" He defended. I nodded. I double glanced the mirror a little. Pete and Dylan were sitting there with guitar cases in between them.

"Whose are the guitars?" I mumbled. "I thought Grogan was the only one who played" I queried. Aodhan and Dylan put their hands up. I smirked, got to love a boy who can play an instrument.

"Yeah, he isn't the only one who pulls the girls with a song or two" Aodhan said cheekily. I burst out laughing, rolling my eyes.

"What about you, Pete?" I asked him, he nodded smirking at what Aodhan said.

"I play Drums my good friend" I pushed my head back completely shocked.

"Why is this news to me? You secretive fuckers" I shot at them all, they all laughed but didn't respond. "I need to get myself to fucking Ireland" I spoke, mainly to myself.

"You know, I did call shotgun on the plane" Dylan moaned from the backseat, making me smile.

"Dylan, you are never being the DJ in my car..." I shot, receiving a laugh from Aodhan who put his finger up to him trying to gloat. I laughed shortly.

"Aodhan, you're the best of a bad bunch don't get too excited" I laughed at myself as the lads did as well. I wanted to hear about their trip. "So, come on!" I said. "Tell me about your trip, how are your families?!" I said loudly so they all heard me. Silence filled the car for a good few seconds before they all piped up with their ums and erms.

"Our families are great, thank you" Pete spoke, enthusiastically. I smiled. "It was quite boring other than that though, wasn't it lads" They all mumbled in response. I licked my lips, checking there were no cars coming before doing the U-turn to switch lanes. 

"Has Ireland suddenly turned robbed the Mediterranean weather or something?" I giggled. "You're all so tan" I spoke, noticing it before they had even got into the car. It hadn't even been that sunny over here, and Ireland wasn't that far away, it definitely didn't have the weather of Spain either. "Especially you Dylan" I nodded.

"He took up the sunbeds on his days off" I smirked, laughing softly. Dylan scoffed.

"Get to fuck" He shouted at him, making me laugh even more.

"It's good you guys have jobs back in Ireland like you do over here" I spoke, acknowledging the fact he said days off. I also didn't know that. "I'm so glad you guys are back, I missed you all" I pouted.

"We missed you too lass" Pete spoke, making me grin up at the mirror. I slowed to down, pulling into the apartment car pack. My stomach sank a little, noticing Luke's range rover back in its usual parking spot, right next to mine. I pulled the gear, stopping the car and turning the engine off.

"What's the craic then?" He let out. "I hope you haven't had too much fun without us" Aodhan said reassuringly. I pulled a face, listening to all the seat belt buttons release. I shook my head.

"It's been pretty uneventful if I'm honest" I opened the car door, slipping out of it, grabbing my keys and my phone. The lads got out the car slamming the doors.

"You say that, but I bet you've pulled half the lads in the square and broke their little hearts" Dylan shouted over the roof of the car, raising an eyebrow at me. I rolled my eyes, smiling lightly at his stupidity. I pressed the button to open the boot, letting them all get their stuff.

"Do you need me to carry anything?" I asked them, walking around to try and help them. 

"The guitars please lovely" Dylan mumbled. I nodded, grabbing his guitar off him, and going around the car to grab Aodhan's that he had left leaning against the side. Their suitcases were big, but extremely smaller than what I would bring if I was moving away for 3 months. Then again, they took not even an hour to get ready and I took 4. Everything was taken out, Pete slammed the boot down and I locked the car. We made our way inside, seeing a few people who lived in our building on the way, who in which welcomed the boys back respectfully. I had the guitars on my back using the straps, but they were heavy and I was super anxious of breaking them.

"HOME, SWEET HOME BOYS" Pete shouted, opening the door and kicking it open. I giggled at them, as them all flooded in. They made weird noises shouting. I shut the door behind me, and as I turned around to keep walking I stumbled into the suitcases that they had just left right in front of me.

"Whoa you... fuckers" I dragged out, tripping all over the place, kicking almost everything until I got through them all. "Warning would have been nice lads-" I spoke, pushing my hair back and looking up. My breath caught in my throat as I stopped instantly. Luke stood before me with his hands behind his back. My heart sank as I took in his appearance. Why did he have to look even better? Ugh. His hair was longer for one. My mouth was still open slightly as I had stopped speaking. He bowed his head slowly. I breathed in, trying to snap myself out of it. "Hey" I spoke innocently. He brought his head back up, lifting his eyebrows up at me. He gently ran his hand through his hair before nodded slightly.

"Hey" He greeted me back. I bit my lip as we stood looking at each other for a good moment. I breathed in quickly, giving him one last look before walking away and putting the guitars down. I lifted my head back up, and Aodhan, Dylan and Pete were sprawled across the couches. I walked over, hitting the back of Aodhan's head, in which he didn't flinch whatsoever. 

"Idiots, I've hurt my leg" I spoke at them, pouting before letting out a laugh. "Listen, I'll let you all sleep, I'll see you tomorrow" I mumbled. Aodhan sat up instantly. 

"Nah we're going to get food first..." He looked at me nodding his head towards the door. 

"Stay for a bit girl we haven't seen you in months" Dylan piped up. I smiled sweetly at them, nodded my head in agreement. 

"Luke is going to get food" Pete mumbled. "Go with him" I blinked, probably too many times than I should have. Uh no thank you. I looked down at Aodhan, who knew exactly what I was thinking. He smirked at me, pushing his lips together. He was going to be no help at all.

"Yeah go with him" He urged, making me glare at him suddenly. He tried to hide his smile, rubbing his nose quickly. I bit the inside of my lip, squinting my eyes at him.

"Yeah" Luke piped up. I raised my head, turning it to face him. I tilted my head slightly. "Come with me" He agreed. I licked my lips, a little overwhelmed by the eye contact. After a few moments, he started smirking at me. I couldn't help but let the smile grow on my face. I ignored the feeling in my stomach, rolling my eyes and bouncing off the back of the couch. I threw my car keys on the kitchen island, walking over to the door. I frowned when I got there, spinning around as he wasn't behind me. They were all looking at me with their eyebrows raised.

"Are we going, or what?" I spoke, moving my head around a little.

Luke Grogan was back, and everything that was going on before he left fell innocently back into place.